PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit

bioevolve
12-30-2002, 04:50 PM
www.cybernationmotorsports.com said, " The turbo kit for our cars will be out soon, but if anyone wanted one now, you can bring your car to them and they'll put one on now! "

probably about (don't quote me on it)

$3500 basic kit
$5500 full kit

then add labor and taxes.

Its the rsx kit, with a few modifications for our cars.

I will be ordering the full kit and installing it myself at tax time (should be out by then):D

SubliminalSi
12-30-2002, 05:05 PM
hmm, sounds interesting

IceD out N CALI
12-30-2002, 05:06 PM
it says "Stage 1 RSX Type S produces 275whp at 7psi starts at $3495" did they tell u how much whp it would produce for the ep?

Nosjunke
12-30-2002, 07:46 PM
Well bioevolve, I'll help you install that if you want. I'll get the pizza and beer. We can even do it in my garage if you want. I have plenty of 10mm sockets. Even if you don't need any help, let me know anyway. I'd like to check it out.

MINIVANKILLER
12-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey, man bring that ep to Montgomery, AL and you can use my shop for a tech day.... free food and the use of some tools....I would love to see it go on another car before I do it to mine. Let me know and we can make this a planned event.

02SilverSiHB
12-31-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
it says "Stage 1 RSX Type S produces 275whp at 7psi starts at $3495" did they tell u how much whp it would produce for the ep?
actually they have it up to 314 now. And it's still a stage one: http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/Turbokits/Turbokits%20RSX2.htm
So I'd guess about 250whp, give or take a couple.

What I don't understand is on some of their stages of boost, like stage III, they provide the RSX with adjustable cam gears.....I thought we had IVTEC and that messing with the cam gears is usless?

BarracksSi
12-31-2002, 01:34 PM
I've been wondering the same thing about adjustable cam gears -- what's the point on VTEC cars?

Oh, and if anyone wants to sponsor a car and put in a kit at no cost to the owner... *AHEM*... PM me... ;)

bioevolve
12-31-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

Probably, more than likely minus 40hp.

bioevolve
12-31-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Nosjunke
Well bioevolve, I'll help you install that if you want. I'll get the pizza and beer. We can even do it in my garage if you want. I have plenty of 10mm sockets. Even if you don't need any help, let me know anyway. I'd like to check it out.

Yeah, I got a garge and tools and access to lifts also hehhee.
When I get it you can help or watch, but bring beer cuz I gotz food. We need to meet up and (bs) alittle.

bioevolve
12-31-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by MINIVANKILLER
Hey, man bring that ep to Montgomery, AL and you can use my shop for a tech day.... free food and the use of some tools....I would love to see it go on another car before I do it to mine. Let me know and we can make this a planned event.

That's alittle ways to drive hahaha to put in the turbo.

Oh no, I'm turning into a posting whore.:p

Type X
12-31-2002, 05:22 PM
almost 99% sure that ssvr6 (steve) posted that the RSX turbo is always broken or has problems at the track

pm and ask him though

i was interested until he posted that

Si4U2NV
12-31-2002, 07:08 PM
i saw BOTH boosted RSXs run (LIVE) at Moroso and they did just find no problems or anything and i got a closeeeeee look at the silver onez engine bay...lookz really kleen and professional... (BTW a girl drivez the silver one...i had a lil chat wit her bout boostin my car...:D

-Mike

Type X
12-31-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
i saw BOTH boosted RSXs run (LIVE) at Moroso and they did just find no problems or anything and i got a closeeeeee look at the silver onez engine bay...lookz really kleen and professional... (BTW a girl drivez the silver one...i had a lil chat wit her bout boostin my car...:D

-Mike

girl + boost = boner

S.C.civic si 02
12-31-2002, 07:55 PM
What did they run?

Si4U2NV
01-01-2003, 12:19 PM
i dun remember...it was a while ago and all i can recall is the OLDDDDDD SKOOL ROTARY corolla running (incredibly LOUD) 8s...

I myte have got it on tape but it was my friendz video camera...so i will see if i can find out...

-Mike

B18CXr
01-01-2003, 04:57 PM
almost 99% sure that ssvr6 (steve) posted that the RSX turbo is always broken or has problems at the track

any fool that does burnouts in a wet parking lot to try and push a product can't be too bright in the first place, much less know how to work on a car.......

"hammer"