PDA

View Full Version : Shifting into 2nd gear issues

EP3Lov3
08-08-2011, 09:12 AM
its the least smooth shift, when im in 1st gear, then i shift into 2nd, the car jerks a little, i release the clutch the same speed through the other gears, but only 2nd gear is jerking, every other time I shift into 3rd or 4th, really smooth. I'll post up a video also just to help give an idea. It really bothers me and I cant figure out what it is, maybe i just suck at driving stick?

brennaneli
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Are you having difficulties with the selection of the second gear? I guess it's an issue with most. It takes a while for the gears to loosen up. I just go through the gears a few times before I set out. It makes for smoother shifting I think. At what RPM are you shifting into second? I usually shift at 3k for second gear, and 2500 for all other gears, but mostly around 3k. Not sure if this helps, or even answers your question.

mattism78
08-12-2011, 01:21 PM
All 3 of my EP3's had issues with grinding when going in to 3rd. I tried multiple fluids and was never able to fully remedy it. I just stopped power shifting so much and it never occurred.