PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

mdavis
08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
So I have an 04 NHBP ep, just got stock wheels today =] (thank you USAF EP3) I dropped them off at the powder coater's to get them semi-gloss black. Only to find out they're out and only have flat and gloss black. What do yall think would look better on the ep? I really wanted semi gloss buttttt that's out. Any input would be great!

PatrickJamesYu
08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
So I have an 04 NHBP ep, just got stock wheels today =] (thank you USAF EP3) I dropped them off at the powder coater's to get them semi-gloss black. Only to find out they're out and only have flat and gloss black. What do yall think would look better on the ep? I really wanted semi gloss buttttt that's out. Any input would be great!

Shoot I agree that a satin/ semi glossed black would be killer.

I personally don't like flat black, but don't know how your powedercoater's rendition will look.
They all do it differently.

But I think I'd do a glossed black..
And try keeping it uber clean all the time.
I personally like wrinkle black
Came on some of the B motor's and the H22, and others I'm sure, but It's really clean
looks great, great touch, and it's not all flashy like the wrinkle red.

Do you have a picture of your engine bay so we can see what colors are in there?

mdavis
08-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I really wanted the semi gloss but they don't have any in and wanna charge an extra $140, so no thanks.

And I don't have a recent one. Right now its all black and silver under the hood. I was thinking to eventually do a yellow kinda theme I guess you could say. Not sure yet. I also plan to paint the whole car, when I get the money, to like a dark grey/charcoal color. So I'm thinking the gloss would look better with that too.

MadLorEP3
08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
wait you are powdercoating stock wheels? If these are the wheels that you want to use for a long time then it might be worth it but it seems like a waste of money. Wouldn't you rather save up for better wheels then either powdercoat those or buy them in the color you like. On a black car, there will be no contrast if you do black wheels as well. But hey if it makes you happy then go for it...good luck

mdavis
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
wait you are powdercoating stock wheels? If these are the wheels that you want to use for a long time then it might be worth it but it seems like a waste of money. Wouldn't you rather save up for better wheels then either powdercoat those or buy them in the color you like. On a black car, there will be no contrast if you do black wheels as well. But hey if it makes you happy then go for it...good luck

Well I have racing hart wheels on it now, they're just too big, way too big. I like the way the stock wheels look and can't really afford to buy new wheels and tires. I plan on using them for a whiiiiile and I don't want them the silver color they come in.
As for the black on black. I don't think that will look too bad, I just can't decide without seeing if flat or gloss will turn out better. I want to eventually paint it another color and I think the black will look good with that.

PatrickJamesYu
08-09-2011, 12:38 AM
What the hell..
Everything I said before, I was under the impression we were talking about Valve covers haha
That's why I asked for a picture of the engine bay

hahaah

mdavis
08-09-2011, 06:07 AM
What the hell..
Everything I said before, I was under the impression we were talking about Valve covers haha
That's why I asked for a picture of the engine bay

hahaah

I was wondering why you wanted a pic of the engine bay. lol sooomeone can't read. jk. I mean the valve cover IS going to get done, just not right this second.

Thanks for making me laugh while I'm in the middle of class tho haha

mdavis
08-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Decided on the glossy black. I think it looks pretty good.
Sorry, no matter what I try I can't get these pics to go any smaller on here -_-

Before
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/mariahddavis/before.jpg

After
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/mariahddavis/after.jpg

mitchlikesbikes
08-12-2011, 07:10 PM
soooo much better!

mdavis
08-12-2011, 07:12 PM
soooo much better!

Thanks! can't tell from the pic, but the rims were more of a bronze color, look kinda dark there.
I like the black stock wheels a LOT better though.

mitchlikesbikes
08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
yeah the black on black looks great man. btw have you tried adjusting your hood hinge bolts to help your hood sit more flush?

mdavis
08-12-2011, 07:27 PM
No, I haven't. how do i do that? haha
I try to do things on my own but I'm still learning, so I have help from my fiance alot... =/

mitchlikesbikes
08-12-2011, 07:29 PM
if you open the hood there's the latch, then 3 10mm bolts holding it in place. you can loosen them and possibly slide the latch down, so the hood sits closer to the grill. it's really easy to do actually.

mdavis
08-12-2011, 07:41 PM
hmm sounds like something i'll be doing tomorrow. thanks!

PatrickJamesYu
08-12-2011, 08:53 PM
if you open the hood there's the latch, then 3 10mm bolts holding it in place. you can loosen them and possibly slide the latch down, so the hood sits closer to the grill. it's really easy to do actually.

Yep +1 on it being easy.
I have to adjust it from my oem hood to my carbon fiber hood.

So you know, mdavis, it's doesn't look like its adjustable but you just loosen the 3 screws move it down a few mm than bolt it back in.

mdavis
08-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks! It sounds so simple, watch me make it difficult haha

MadLorEP3
08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
It looks good brotha...congrats...looks alot better than I expected black on black to look like

mdavis
08-12-2011, 09:27 PM
cough cough::sister::cough cough haha thanks! I like it more than I thought I would, too.