PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my head

bamp
08-08-2011, 07:55 PM
First post here and could appreciate some feed back but here is what's going on w/ my 2003 SI. I was driving the other day and the charging light came on, not a problem replace the alternator as it was charging at approx 12 volts. I had failed NJ inspection recently and 1 of the fail codes was p1298 which is the ELD. Swapped out the alternator for a new 1 and it was still charging at approx 12 volts...took the new alternator back and picked up a new ELD today at a local honda dealership and the charging light was still on and it was charging at approx 13 volts. I checked the codes again and p1298 was still present along with codes for my speed sensor and camshaft sensor. Cleared out all the codes and the check engine light came on again, the charging light came on again along with a few other issues. My speedo stopped working, the ESP light came on and i'm still charging at approx 13 volts. I would prefer not to swap out the alternators again as it's a pain and really if the car is charging at 13 volts it's prob not an issue w/ the alternator. My battery is about 5 months old and the car cranks over w/out issue. Has anyone else had issues like this w/ their civics and is there a remedy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

apexracing
08-09-2011, 09:12 AM
some one else can comment but i have heard of people having these issues with the ground on the core support under the front bumper. so check your grounds then try clearing the codes