PDA

View Full Version : Belt problem

AKEP
08-10-2011, 04:07 AM
So i was looking at my tensioner and noticed it was shaking (along its normal range of motion, nothing crazy) on n off, the a/c clutch was not enganging (fans were off) and when it stopped shaking i noticed the pointer was not in the "normal" zone. so i replaced it, thinking this would fix the shaking. got a 653r7 belt and put it on. turned car on, checked it again, pointing at the same place. wth?

i looked around a little and noticed that some people were using the 685r7 belt, a little bigger. that would not solve my problem.

i have a k24a2 swap, didn't change any of the pulleys, just the ep's idler pulley. was i supposed to change something?

RHCP0801
08-10-2011, 06:19 AM
mine moves too and have the same engine and the same pulley. The way tensioner keeps tension on the belt is by moving back and forth. I'm kind of confused on what your asking and what the problem is though?

apexracing
08-10-2011, 07:12 AM
he is saying that his tensioner is pointed in the wrong spot, misaligned i suppose. could it just be time to replace it perhaps?

RHCP0801
08-10-2011, 07:13 AM
he said he bought a new one and its the same way. If you want i can take a picture of mine when I get home so you can see

apexracing
08-10-2011, 07:15 AM
he said he bought a new one and its the same way. If you want i can take a picture of mine when I get home so you can see

guess thats what i get for jumping on the forums when i first wake up hahaha. is there a difference between the K series tensioners? Like from motor to motor?

RHCP0801
08-10-2011, 07:18 AM
I don't think so, I actually might have the ep3 tensioner on my k24 because mine came with nothing on it

AKEP
08-10-2011, 08:18 AM
yeah i was saying that the tensioner indicated my belt was being stretched (original 7 year old belt - 100k on it) so i changed it.

now that you mentioned it, the tensioner is probably calibrated for a k24a2 and its accessories, i didn't change anything besides adding that idler pulley. maybe a 64inch belt will fit better...