PDA

View Full Version : oem window problem!

ep3rez
08-10-2011, 09:05 PM
hey all well i had my window finally catch my weather stripping guards and i started taking everything apart to fix it. i took the window out and noticed it was not a oem window compared to the passenger side and so i ordered a oem one and oem weather stripping to replace the old folded one that got messed up. when i was complete with install of new oem window and stripping i noticed when i was rolling up the window my window would catch the top of the frame and weather strip like it wasn't a complete fit. but when i push window from outside in and then roll up its okay. i'm not to sure what the problem is and i took everything off several times too look and double check. if anyone has had this problem where the window is catching the top of frame when rolling window up plz help its annoying hearing it catch and me always having to push window from outside to close properly thanks guys! and gals!

monjarassi
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Now its two of us I still haven't found the solution either

Supaduck
08-14-2011, 05:37 AM
you may have not put everything back where they should be. my guess is it's that piece of metal that helps guide the rubber down into the door which inturn helps guide the window. did you bolt it back into place. and the top potion of it is actually really important, you need to make sure to slide it into place where it should be. it's hard to explain but as if you need more clarification.

zdiddy22
08-17-2011, 05:21 PM
i have the same problem. i have replaced the weather stripping three times. it will work fine for a couple weeks, and then messes up. I quit messing with it since my car is used only at the dragstrip now.

Spidey
08-31-2011, 10:37 AM
welcome to the club. except mine catches or bunches in the middle (b-pillar side). I have to roll the window all the way down and then
slowly guide it back up. It is annoying.

revned3182
09-04-2011, 10:50 AM
bump!
anyone else have this problem?