PDA

View Full Version : GC Coils with DSpecs or RaceLand Coils....

Coldth1
08-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Alright just got a bonus check at work I wasn't expecting. So I'm wanting some coils. I can't decide. I have had megan, ksports, skunk 2, tein springs, eibach springs, h&r springs. I like to change it up. Just picked up a new ep3 and its on h&r's with dspecs.

Im thinking GC coils with the Dspecs or Raceland. About the same price and both in my price range. I just cant pull then trigger on ether!

Car is a dd not going to be raced at all. Just want to get slammed with a decent ride.

Also side note can u get extended top hats for the gc for the ep3? Been searching forever and I think the answer is no. just sent them a email but idk when they will respond.

PatrickJamesYu
08-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I say Ground Control.
Especially since you already have DSpec shocks.

And I THINK the extended top hats are for the previous generation civics.
I haven't seen them for our car's.
And GC will respond within' the next business day.
Their customer service department really isn't that busy.

jed_averill
08-13-2011, 11:42 AM
I haven't ridden in a GC but I'm content with Racelands. They seem a lil bit stiffer than OEM but depends on how you are ofcourse. Also there's a sound that comes from both rear coils whenever I hit a pot hole. Hopefully they'll be fixed before you order a set if your thinking of getting one.

Another option would be buying better used coilovers from the FS threads in this forum if it ever comes up. I myself missed on an oppurtunity on trading my suspension for used Progress coilovers. (Damn giving up Facebook for lent)

Coldth1
08-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Really only 3 votes? No input for a og I see. I think I might do control arm bushings/ camer kits 1st

Andrew
08-15-2011, 12:36 AM
when i had megans i loved them even though they were half assed built together and had flaws. they ran well and the steering was responsive. for a DD i wouldnt spend too much. right now i have bc racing coilovers which are like a better version of megans. i think that gc sleeves are perfect for a DD setup, but if you slam them on d-specs i think it'll ride like shit, so ditch the d-specs. if not get a full set of coilovers. i think the control arm bushing and camber kit upgrade is a perfect first step if you dont get coilovers or sleeves.

MBaG
08-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Racelends were worth buying for $250.. not sure about the current price.

hkrayingboyz
08-15-2011, 01:21 AM
raceland for DD is fine, but you will feel almost every single bump you have. That just my 2 cents thought about them while i have them. For DD, it shouldnt be a problem. Not sure about Dspecs

spatula
08-18-2011, 03:23 PM
When I bought my ep3 it had cut springs and blown OEM struts/shocks. I got the racelands to use as a temp replacement until I got something better. While the ride was ok for $250, it wasn't great. I kind of wonder if all the people saying racelands are good for DD's have actually used them.

If your car is a daily driver, doesn't that mean you...drive it daily? Don't you want to drive comfortably daily? I have D-Specs paired with Eibach Pro-Kit springs (which I'll be replacing with Ground Control coilovers). The difference in quality is very noticeable, the D-Specs are sealed from the factory and don't require a DIY to stop them from falling apart. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?58064-DIY-Stop-your-Racelands-from-clunking.&highlight=racelands

Not trying to knock the racelands, I used them myself (briefly), but since you have great adjustable shocks and struts why not just use those and buy the GC's?

jed_averill
08-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Sometimes I say to myself maybe I should have bought the GC, but I heard you can't adjust the height?

spatula
08-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Sometimes I say to myself maybe I should have bought the GC, but I heard you can't adjust the height?

From their website:

Expected ride height change from 0 to 2.5 inches
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=522/CA=71

jed_averill
08-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Fucking shit, I didn't see that picture before lol. Oh well, will get something around the $1k next time, but for now I'll dread on these.

b_ron
08-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Has anyone put on GC's on stock shocks?

hyu
08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Neither. Just save up so you don't have to spend unnecessary money on inferior parts

Coldth1
08-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Neither. Just save up so you don't have to spend unnecessary money on inferior partsthanks for the input but useless information.

cjohnst
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM
I had racelands for a while. I thought they rode fine, but I wouldn't use them for anything other than dd.

I have a friend that swears by Ground control just to get a better stance - he bought some for his clubman, and is now buying some for his rabbit.

They are both inexpensive, and probably going to do you pretty good. My racelands started rattling, like they are prone to do, and they are sending me a replacement. They take care of their customers which is a win for me.

MBaG
08-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Neither. Just save up so you don't have to spend unnecessary money on inferior parts

Says the guy with rotas.. :/

cjohnst
09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Says the guy with rotas.. :/

:tehehyper: