PDA

View Full Version : Short Ram Intake installed, now what ?

T-BAR
08-13-2011, 11:08 AM
So just put the Fujita SRI on and she sounds sweet! However all i could think on the drive home was how much sweeter it would sound with headers and an exhaust.

I was looking for advice on which ones to go with, the DC Sports option comes up alot but i wasnt sure if anyone here had any other other good options.

As far as exhaust goes i was thinking about leaving the stock muffler and just replacing the piping all the way back to the rear axle but again not sure which company to go with. Originally i wanted to buy the Apexi Noir kit but if i dont want the full set up i dont know if theres any good exhaust company to just buy the piping.

Also before i get either of those i am gonna buy the Hondata Flash. Dont feel like wrecking my internals.

mitchlikesbikes
08-13-2011, 11:11 AM
i have the megan midpipe with a k&n short ram and i'm really happy with the setup. the midpipe has to be modified a little to keep it from vibrating on the bottom of the car but it's not really a big deal.

BTW, the real power maker on a reflash is a CAI. might as well go k pro from the get go if you're planning to do more serious mods in the future.

as far as headers go the choices are only limited to your budget and whether you still need to be able to pass emissions.

04sidriver
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I have the dc sports shorty and I like it. You should buy kpro over the reflash. It gives you more options down the road

T-BAR
08-13-2011, 11:34 AM
BTW, the real power maker on a reflash is a CAI. might as well go k pro from the get go if you're planning to do more serious mods in the future.

as far as headers go the choices are only limited to your budget and whether you still need to be able to pass emissions.

Thought about the CAI but out here in vegas id get too much heat soak and besides had two guys on base with CAI's who got caught in the beginning stages of a flash flood who got left stranded and drowned.

but the KPRO is an option just gonna be a bit longer before i can afford it

gamma6
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
For the piping id just get an ebay catback... ive had two different ones and ep spec and rsx type s spec(got it to mate with my megan rh type s spec, which has a bigger collector) its been hit and miss literally lol... thep spec fit perfect and awesome quality, the type s spec was crappy, it fit fine i guess but when i went to a shop to get my axleback of choice welded(obx twinloop) i noticed that i had black stuff around the weld on the flanges and pipe.... meaning i had a very minor exhaust leak easy fix if u know how to weld

superchargedk20
08-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Thought about the CAI but out here in vegas id get too much heat soak and besides had two guys on base with CAI's who got caught in the beginning stages of a flash flood who got left stranded and drowned.

but the KPRO is an option just gonna be a bit longer before i can afford it

U do understand ur getting more heat soak from the short ram than u would a cold air . Look where ur air filter is placed plus the hood being closed. That's bolton on 101

T_Virus
08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
DC is sooooo b-series...your in the k-series now, look for someting better.

cvicep3
09-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Now sell me your stock one.