PDA

View Full Version : honda equivalent of...

vectorhive
12-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Is their a news and info website that is as high quality as http://www.vwvortex.com is for the vw world?

ssvr6
12-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately no. VWVortex is (IMO) what all automotive message boards should strive to be.

Steve

Suk02Si
12-30-2002, 09:49 PM
you've already found it:)

well, for the EP at least:D

vectorhive
12-30-2002, 11:19 PM
bummer.

Jpax
12-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by vectorhive
bummer.

Well Sorry to disapoint you, If you like I think you should go you www.clubsi.com they should be able to answer all your questions with very informative answers.

:mad:

vectorhive
12-30-2002, 11:47 PM
actually alot of what i like about vwvortex is their news, factory tours, upcoming cars, etc. yes, they do have a good message board too.

what i was really asking about was the news & articles angle. so, let me restate the original question, a little more clearly this time:

is there a website out there that matches the quality of vwvortex for news, articles, etc. for the honda world?

thanks!

ssvr6
12-31-2002, 07:45 AM
No, because unlike VW, Honda doesn't seem to give a rat's ass what we think so they don't give US sites the time of day.

Where as the Vortex get's invited to VW headquarters and get's to drive the R32 and played a VERY important role in getting the GTi 337 here.

It kinda sucks. As for the news, I wish that we did have that kind of info on car line ups, model changes, etc... But that would have to be more than just on EPs. There would have to be a Honda/Acura borad. Maybe there is one like it somewhere. (If not, maybe I'll start one.) :D

Steve

sicivic2002
12-31-2002, 07:48 AM
Um I guess you could try the Temple of VTEC http://www.vtec.net/

zensuit
12-31-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE

Well Sorry to disapoint you, If you like I think you should go you www.clubsi.com they should be able to answer all your questions with very informative answers.

:mad:

LOL

rgGolf4
12-31-2002, 10:02 AM
i wondered the same thing when i got my Ep a few weeks ago. The Vortex was an awesome site. It was one of the things that i had to think about when i traded in my Golf. Through that site I learned more about VW's and cars in general than anywhere else. I also saved myself some money by searching there first, before i went to the dealer for something (window regulators, rear brake pads). I think one thing that sets them apart is the fact that there membership is up in the 100,000 mark. Although not all are active, that is a high subscription total.

Plus, i hate to say it...i'm still a VW enthusiast inside. I loved the Golf and love my EP, but there is something about VW. That is one thing about VW, the fans are crazy about their cars...good or bad. It seems Honda enthusiasts are generally younger, less knowledgable, and not very brand loyal. Remember, VW has been around for a long time, building a fanbase...Honda has only gotten popular within the last 15 years or so...at least with die hard enthusiasts.

Golfzilla
12-31-2002, 10:26 AM
VWvortex is equivalent of an ass-kisser.
Whole fucking site kisses ass.

here comes BillyT and posts a STREET RACING video (which can get you banned, btw)...and moderators jump in and praise him, and kiss his dick.

here comes "YOU" and posts some videos of you testing a car on highway (not racing anyone..btw)... and the fuckers close it down because it is inappropiate. Might even ban your ass.

And there is the whole EURO PRIDE like the deep dish wheels.
And half of them are nothing more than a bunch of whiners. You can't even joke around the place, when suddenly people jump you, like everyone is the fucking MODERATOR.

The new generation think they are the shit, while the older fans think the new ones are not worthy of the VW name.

vectorhive
12-31-2002, 10:35 AM
damn. i guess we know who has a bone to pick with vwvortex!

ssvr6
12-31-2002, 10:52 AM
I want this documented somewhere. I whole heartedly agree with Golfzilla.

I know, it's a first and probably a last, but he's right. (As far as the forums are.) HOWEVER, there are a lot of benefits if you have time to read through all of the BS.

I don't post there much anymore, just in the south east and 12v forum. I don't care for the people there anymore. ClubB5 is more my speed anyway.

Steve

jaydub
12-31-2002, 11:12 AM
I had my fill of the Mk4 forum after spending two years there and seeing some shady moderating practices. I've moderated at much more fast paced (and difficult) forums (which will remain nameless) and I never understood why they had 12 moderators for the Mk4 forum, but nothing was ever done, and if it was, it was always by one or two of them.

Every forum has the capability of being something really great. For example, I see ephatch.com as a very valuable asset to the ep owner community, but the layout makes it hard to be taken seriously. VWVortex's layout is professional and looks like a bona fide reporting page. This one looks like a cartoon. Also, nobody can argue that Jamie is on the forums often, and allows his moderators a fair amount of discretion on how his forums run. Our admin hasn't been seen in weeks.

Golfzilla
12-31-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I want this documented somewhere. I whole heartedly agree with Golfzilla.

I know, it's a first and probably a last, but he's right. (As far as the forums are.) HOWEVER, there are a lot of benefits if you have time to read through all of the BS.

I don't post there much anymore, just in the south east and 12v forum. I don't care for the people there anymore. ClubB5 is more my speed anyway.

Steve

Yes. Offical support is the only thing that saves that site. I think we understand each other. You should know what I mean...

I also must say, that IF EP became like Vortex (info wise, and support from Honda), there would be sacrifices. But if that is the plan for this site, then good luck to you guys.

02SiHB
12-31-2002, 05:56 PM
DTMPower.net is the same way... BS BS BS...... German Automotive heritage can kiss my Honda/BMW/Volvo drivin' ass...

I-Vtec..DO-U (New name: SIxtacy)
12-31-2002, 06:27 PM
You know 2 years ago when I got my 1.8T, Vortex was one of the reasons why. Then in 01, and especially in 02 with the power bump in the 1.8T's - all these assholes started showing up. If you ever search around or read that site for a week, you'll see that 97% of the cars on there are the same. Everybody has a chip, deep dish rims, exhaust that can never be loud, same springs, same body kits etc.. Bottom line is No one on that site can be original, thats one of the things that makes Honda's nice - So much is available that its hard to find 2 Honda's that are excatly the same. I dunno....... I will be happily handing over my VW keys for an EP or an IS300.

BTW... You guys should go post that you drive a Honda on vortex. Then watch the Vortex Gastoppo flame the living shit out of you for driving RICE. :cool:

02SiHB
12-31-2002, 06:41 PM
I saw someone's sig on here that flames everyone for using the word rice....

RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE !!!!!!

Don't hate people cause of the make and model they buy, hate them for thinking it's the best car ever :)

BlasTech
12-31-2002, 07:14 PM
If we :

1.) Got all our tutorials made into pages(or even). We just need to get a basic template for a step-by-step and start plugging them in...Heatshield install, stereo install, ambient lighting, camcorder mounting, spring install. I can help with making pages, so can Hondaman, Paxie, and others.

2.) Make profile pages of anyone whos dyno'd thier EP with something on it. Again, its just a matter of a template... Hell, it could even be automated, where you just type up your article by filling in the blanks, just like we do to post messages.

3.) Seek sponsorship/partnership

we'll be on our way to even MORE greatness. Remeber, we are more specialized, though, since the EP is a whole new creature and our site is dedicated to its niche, so the audience also is more specialized. This allows us to exceed in quality and research.

Some good examples to follow for more info:
http://www.vtec.net
http://asia.vtec.net
http://www.hondalife.com (props to Chunky, great tech articles)
http://www.clubrsx.com (never been on the board, but I like thier tech info sections)

BlasTech
12-31-2002, 07:22 PM
and EP-based color schemes!!!!:D

rgGolf4
01-02-2003, 07:28 AM
I would agree with some of the negative comments regarding the Vortex's admin philosophy. The MKIV forum went to shit and many of their advertising sponsors started yelling because people organizing group buys were undercutting them, and essentially getting free advertising. It seemed to get more corporate as it got bigger.

A couple of praises though on Project X, which I thought was an awesome idea. Following the progress of a great project (making a Jetta coupe) was very interesting. Also, they were instrumental on bringing the 337 over.

I would also agree that the format of the Vortex is what other sites should strive for. Ephatch is one of many sites that are too cookie cutter...like an EZ board site. Cartoon smilies and what i think is a bad format, don't make this site as eye appealing as it could be. It just looks like a pre-fab site with some corny icons. But, there is some good information here...its just hard to find. (maybe we should cut down of the stickies and have a real FAQ page or install page)

The problem is that this is a specialized site...only for one type of car. I think its unreasonable to say that this will get to be like the Vortex, its just too small of a community. Maybe if we joined forces with other Honda sites, we can pool our resources together and create a site that rivals VWVortex.

gpt
01-02-2003, 11:03 AM
I agree with BlasTech. Having some of the useful tips etc. compiled into pages which can be linked to from the home page would be really useful.

We may not be able to become as big as VW Vortex but this may not be a bad thing, for me this site is really good in that it focuses on the EP and has a ton of information which is useful and relavant to the EP. I think if sponsors get too involved we will lose out on the independance that allows us to be honest in reviews and not get banned / locked etc.

I think there is so much potential here and there seems to be quite a few people willing to give their time to help improve this sites content, not for cosmetic reasons, but purely because it will be of use to other fellow EP owners.

Maybe this could be the start of a move to take this site to the next level!:D

zensuit
01-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 02SiHB
I saw someone's sig on here that flames everyone for using the word rice....

RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE RICE !!!!!!

Don't hate people cause of the make and model they buy, hate them for thinking it's the best car ever :)

I have only one word to say in reply to that

RICE

z

ssvr6
01-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Don't worry guys, we're working on some updates as you speak.

Steve