PDA

View Full Version : decisions decisions....

02ssmEP3
08-15-2011, 07:09 AM
so i bought my car a year ago, and its still stock. after working all summer and saving up a couple thousand, i started to browse on autotrader. right now, i cant decide if i should put the money into the ep or save for a year or 2 and buy something rwd. some options currently are: 350z,mr2 turbo, rx8,s2k,boxster s, gto, or wrx/ sti. car will have to survive chicago winters....so, i ask the people here who have put money into their cars: was it worth it? or should i buy something else?

apexracing
08-15-2011, 07:45 AM
so i bought my car a year ago, and its still stock. after working all summer and saving up a couple thousand, i started to browse on autotrader. right now, i cant decide if i should put the money into the ep or save for a year or 2 and buy something rwd. some options currently are: 350z,mr2 turbo, rx8,s2k,boxster s, gto, or wrx/ sti. car will have to survive chicago winters....so, i ask the people here who have put money into their cars: was it worth it? or should i buy something else?

call me crazy, but ive owned a 04 wrx and a 06 evo. they were both faster than the ep sure, but i like the looks, feel, and interior of my ep much more. its up to you, buy a daily with your cash, then work on your ep on the side.

02ssmEP3
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
yea i agree about the feel of the ep, i drove a co workers wrx the other day, and i wasnt loving it. but is having 250 whp worth it in a fwd car or should i get something rwd that wont spin in every gear...cuz what i was thinking is to use the ep as a daily and have something else for a fun car

apexracing
08-15-2011, 08:00 AM
yea i agree about the feel of the ep, i drove a co workers wrx the other day, and i wasnt loving it. but is having 250 whp worth it in a fwd car or should i get something rwd that wont spin in every gear...cuz what i was thinking is to use the ep as a daily and have something else for a fun car

people will tell you that fwd cars are the worst platform for performance, but it all depends on what your going to use your car for. my reasons for building my ep are, its unique, easy as heck to work on, honda reliability, cult like following. and its like starting from the ground up, evo's are already fast so whats the point of modding one of those, or a sti for that matter. Depends on wether you want a fast car from the get go, or to put your money and hard work into building your ep. sure it might not be a rwd or a awd but it sure will be fun.

02ssmEP3
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
yea thats why im so torn...im with u on all that, but i track my car pretty regularly, and i dont need wheelspin going through a fast corner...but yea i wouldnt get an evo or sti, just a base wrx cuz the insurance for me would be wayyyyy to much with one of those...i really cant decide, my dad has a 335i and i love the power of it, but at the same time i like his spec miata just as much cuz i helped build it...so i think i want something like a miata or an mr2, so that i can mod it, and have the benefits of rwd....or a subi 2.5rs for winter :)...i could do that and bolt ons for the ep and ill be happy

apexracing
08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
yea thats why im so torn...im with u on all that, but i track my car pretty regularly, and i dont need wheelspin going through a fast corner...but yea i wouldnt get an evo or sti, just a base wrx cuz the insurance for me would be wayyyyy to much with one of those...i really cant decide, my dad has a 335i and i love the power of it, but at the same time i like his spec miata just as much cuz i helped build it...so i think i want something like a miata or an mr2, so that i can mod it, and have the benefits of rwd....or a subi 2.5rs for winter :)...i could do that and bolt ons for the ep and ill be happy

Do you have a LSD trans in your ep3?

02ssmEP3
08-15-2011, 09:21 PM
nope. its all stock, except the guy before me fucked second gear, so i may be gettin a 6 spd if i keep the car

MadLorEP3
08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
If I could go back in time....I would save my money and invest that shit in GOLD...Im serious too bro...The ep or any car that you get that you plan on "fixing up" or "modding" is a total waste of money...The best bet would be for you to keep your ep stock and just use it as your daily driver. There really is no point in modding a daily driver. TOTAL WASTE of life and money...

But I'm sure you gonna have to learn the hard way like everyone else...just my 2 cents...

Garrett
08-15-2011, 10:36 PM
If I could go back in time....I would save my money and invest that shit in GOLD...Im serious too bro...The ep or any car that you get that you plan on "fixing up" or "modding" is a total waste of money...The best bet would be for you to keep your ep stock and just use it as your daily driver. There really is no point in modding a daily driver. TOTAL WASTE of life and money...

But I'm sure you gonna have to learn the hard way like everyone else...just my 2 cents...

agreed, modding is very expensive and you lose a shit ton of cash. If i were in your situation, i would get a wrx, that way it would survive the winters with the awd, and they are pretty reliable cars too. I dont think i would want a rwd car for winters up there haha or get an old rs and throw an sti engine into it if you love building cars

apexracing
08-15-2011, 10:40 PM

for me i enjoy the time i put into it, for me its a hobby something that i just love to do. I dont need any rhyme or reason i just love it. I get what your saying though, cars in general are a bad investment. But if you enjoy it do it, lifes too short so let the dollars fly lol.

02ssmEP3
08-16-2011, 06:50 AM
yea i know its a waste of money, but its my first car and i want it to be special, but at the same time im too cheap to put money into it haha..... i think ill just keep saving money for a few more years, get through college, then see what i can afford