PDA

View Full Version : A/c leak help!!!

MEAN IRISH GUY
08-17-2011, 06:49 AM
im getting a leak intop my passenger floor side of my car when my AC is on. People are telling me that its prolly a drain clog. How do i get to said drain to unclog it?

RHCP0801
08-17-2011, 06:55 AM
yea its a clogged drain, seen this numerous times when I worked at Honda. The drain is under the car right by the back of the subframe, look for a clear or black tube coming out of a hole on the pass side. You cant miss it and you need a couple of blasts of compressed air inside the tube to unclog it, watch out because its gonna pour out

MEAN IRISH GUY
08-17-2011, 07:20 AM
cant find it!!! is it going to be in front or behind the passenger rear tire?

RHCP0801
08-17-2011, 07:22 AM
behind it

google images honda ac drain hose so you can get an idea of what to look for. Its usually right around the sway bar area.

StimulisRK
08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
If it's when your A/C is on, it could be from your heater core. I've heard of coolant leaking from the heater core into the floor carpeting in regular civics.

Hey RHCP0801, my sisters 02 EX sedan is leaking on the drivers side floor pretty bad whenever it rains. The carpet is constantly soaked, mainly towards the door. It's not the A/C cause I've had that disconnected since March due to a bad compressor. It's been leaking since last August and we've checked all the drains we could find. Any ideas?

mitchlikesbikes
08-18-2011, 10:12 AM
If it's when your A/C is on, it could be from your heater core. I've heard of coolant leaking from the heater core into the floor carpeting in regular civics.

Hey RHCP0801, my sisters 02 EX sedan is leaking on the drivers side floor pretty bad whenever it rains. The carpet is constantly soaked, mainly towards the door. It's not the A/C cause I've had that disconnected since March due to a bad compressor. It's been leaking since last August and we've checked all the drains we could find. Any ideas?

probably a leak somewhere in the firewall

RHCP0801
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM

can be coming from one of the wire grommets on the side of the car, on a sunny day have someone take a hose and spray that whole side of the car while you are inside it looking for a leak. It's not gonna be fun or comfortable but that is pretty much the only way to diagnose it because there can be so many cause for water leaks. That's the way we used to find them at the dealer. You might need to take the carpet up a bit on that side but that's what I suggest you do.

MEAN IRISH GUY
09-10-2011, 08:15 AM
ok i finally got around to doing this but i can NOT for the life of me find the drain under my car! can somebody PLEASE take a picture and post if for me so i know where the hell it is?!?!

jimmyjames
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Had this same exact thing happen to me on my 86 prelude si.
I checked under the globe compartment in the passenger footwell and the condensate tube became disconnected from the drain line.
I would stock your head down there with the a/c on and maybe even drop the glove compartment...look for dripping. If you see a rubber tube hanging down, that's your problem.
Sometimes squirmy passengers kick it loose.