PDA

View Full Version : Help with suspension

Calvinep3
08-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I know this topic has been covered plenty of times but bare with me guys. I'm currently running progress springs with stock shocks. When I first put in my springs I loved them but now I think they have settled to low or my shocks are blown. Probably the shocks. I want a setup with about the same drop but something that wont bottom out. I've read a lot about suspensions. I'm looking at getting full coilovers such as progress, bc, megan, or anything else. I dont want to spend much as I'm a college student and I should'nt be spending this money but I work hard for it and my ep takes care of me so i should take care of it.

I was also wondering if I should get just shocks and keep my springs? I am content with my current drop but having the ability to play with the ride height would be nice.

What do you guys think I should do?

I am leaning at progress coilover set but it hurts to spend that much money. Do i have other alternatives? How much will just shocks set me back? And with this much drop will I always bottom out?(1.8f , 1.5b)

p.s I DONT want racelands. I ordered them, put them in and hated them. Too bouncy for me. Not only that but the back was always lower than the front and I hate the way our eps look when we are dragging our asses around. I dont get why suspension companies make the ep suspensions lower from the back than the front.

jed_averill
08-22-2011, 12:23 AM
You could have adjusted the ride heights at the front and back to get the look you want, but adjusting it too low would make it bouncier I guess. I'm not slammed on mine but they feel a lil bit stiffer than stock. Ride is alright and how you feel most bumps but the rebound is nice so it's all good.

Progess is a good choice, I should have had them if it weren't for some miscommunication. Get some used ones if it's too much for you.

Zzyzx
08-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Buy new dampers, problem solved. Bilsteins or Konis should do the trick. Emphasis on the Bilstiens.

Calvinep3
08-22-2011, 10:30 PM
How much would that set me back? Anyone know where I can get a decent price on progress coilovers?

hyu
08-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Clubep3.com has some for around 950 but half the time they are on back order...

Blah1219
08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Corsport use to have it for 900 flat. Just get the part number and they can order it for ya. It would be most likely shipped through the manufacturer.