PDA

View Full Version : test pipe install, lol ny winters.

alphasaur
08-22-2011, 09:02 AM
I went to install my test pipe today, and it's not happening (in my driveway at least). The bolts on the flange that connect it to the b pipe look like red tumors. How much would it be to have a shop do it? If it's too expensive I can just wait for my boy to have his open garage day in a couple months.

talonXracer
08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Cut the old hardware off and use all new stuff, I have NEVER seen an exhaust that couldnt be swapped out in a driveway.

alphasaur
08-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Only tool I have that will cut is a dremel, im assuming it'd take a large amount of discs no?

bchaney
08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
You have a Harbor Freight near you? I got an angle grinder there a couple of years ago for like 8 bucks... still kickin. You could also invest in a higher quality one, it's a great tool to have.

All my exhaust hardware = stainless because I was in the same situation once. Worth the couple bucks extra even if you think you won't be messing w your exhaust again.

alphasaur
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
totally forgot they opened one near me about a month ago. Thanks for the tip. Also testpipe shorty header and an sri will run fine on the stock ecu?