PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye EPhatch

EPSU3
08-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Well the time has finally come. After six years with the EP it is off to a new home. I wanted to take a dopey sentimental minute to thank all the cool people I met on this site over my 6 years of ownership. I owe the members of this site hundreds if not thousands of dollars in save moneys from keeping me from buying riced out ebay crap and teaching me so many DIYs. The EP got me through freezing Northeast winters and through the nasty heat of the dirty south. Her new owner is coming to pick it up tomorrow. He'll be leaving with an owners manual, some spare parts, and a post-it note reminding him to join this forum.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
good luck bro, i hope u stop bye from time to time.

Tnhatch03
08-22-2011, 07:01 PM
always welcomed man!

what cha get????

EPSU3
08-22-2011, 07:05 PM
My daily commute went from 400 miles a week to 35. I live in Charleston now so I can get a weekend car. My wife and I carpool in her CR-V. I'm going this weekend and I'll either end up with an S4 or S2000. When I got my 96 Accord I used to sit in Preludes at the dealership and want one, so I bought one. When I would bring in my Prelude I would sit in the EP3. When I bought my EP3 I would admire the s2k. So its a logical progression.

talonXracer
08-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Another one to a new owner.....

widebodyeg
08-22-2011, 08:35 PM
good luck with the s2k, i used to have one and they are fun, you will like it but you will come back to the ep3, we all do eventually, i did lol...

EPSU3
08-24-2011, 06:08 PM
I almost wanted to tell the guy that if he decides to sell it I get first dibs. Keeping some spare parts just in case.

STP03BlueSI
08-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Ep3 ftw

doubledouble
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
good luck with the s2k, i used to have one and they are fun, you will like it but you will come back to the ep3, we all do eventually, i did lol...

Wait, what? Why'd you go back? For the practicality?

widebodyeg
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Wait, what? Why'd you go back? For the practicality?
i had a kid, so i got a 4 dr (subaru WRX) then i got bored with that and the gas mileage sucked...i came across my old car on craigs and traded the guy my wrx for the ep and $1700, so it was like i got paid to drive a couple of nice cars

nmysiismyn
08-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Well the time has finally come. After six years with the EP it is off to a new home. I wanted to take a dopey sentimental minute to thank all the cool people I met on this site over my 6 years of ownership. I owe the members of this site hundreds if not thousands of dollars in save moneys from keeping me from buying riced out ebay crap and teaching me so many DIYs. The EP got me through freezing Northeast winters and through the nasty heat of the dirty south. Her new owner is coming to pick it up tomorrow. He'll be leaving with an owners manual, some spare parts, and a post-it note reminding him to join this forum.

:weak:
SO many are being sold! I hope it's not to another trend follower/fan boi. :mfrown:
It's always cool to see someone showing appreciation for the forum though. :thumbu:

i had a kid, so i got a 4 dr (subaru WRX) then i got bored with that and the gas mileage sucked...i came across my old car on craigs and traded the guy my wrx for the ep and $1700, so it was like i got paid to drive a couple of nice cars

That's Russell for ya- a gifted trader! :mcool:
EP3 (dirt cheap) > S2000 (straight-trade) > WRX w/ STi goodies (straight-trade) > His ol' EP3 w/ all his JDM goodies (cash on top). :doh:
I'm not even gonna share the straight-trade timeline of your lady's ride. :tehe:

mitchlikesbikes
08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
:weak:
SO many are being sold! I hope it's not to another 16 year old fan boi. :mfrown:
It's always cool to see someone showing appreciation for the forum though. :thumbu:

hey i got my ep3 when i was 16 and i still have respect for the forum at 17!

EPSU3
08-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Well it felt good selling the car to someone who already knew about it and appreciated it. I kept getting old ladies looking at it and it bugged me it would be treated as if it were a Geo metro. Best car I ever had. I once met a holocaust survivor and he told me that when you have cool stuff that you like, pass it on for others to enjoy as well.

nmysiismyn
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
hey i got my ep3 when i was 16 and i still have respect for the forum at 17!

You're no tool/fan boi... You know what I meant. :tehe:

*fixed though

doubledouble
08-25-2011, 10:17 PM

What are the chances of your old whip being up for sale and the guy wanting a wrx. Haha.

nmysiismyn
08-25-2011, 10:24 PM
What are the chances of your old whip being up for sale and the guy wanting a wrx. Haha.

If it were put up for sale tomorrow morning, somehow, he'd know by at least tomorrow night. :mangel:

widebodyeg
08-26-2011, 01:31 AM
If it were put up for sale tomorrow morning, somehow, he'd know by at least tomorrow night. :mangel:
yep