PDA

View Full Version : Help please having problems putting car into gear

zer0se
08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
So I was at a stop light,as it turned green I went to put it into gear and nothing happend. I did get it into gear after a couple of trys,but it felt off. then it wouldn't come out of gear, it was just stuck.Pulled over and turned the car off. I was able to go into any of the gears while the car was off. Stared it up and drove home slow with no problems. I already replaced the clutch four months ago. Kinda freaked out and any help would be great. Thanks

ttttrigg3r
08-23-2011, 12:30 AM
I had a problem going into gear before, but not out of it. did it feel mushy or something? Did you push the clutch all the way in and the stick get get stuck and not shift or is it you push all the way up or down and gear still wouldn't engage? what gears does this apply to?

T_Virus
08-23-2011, 12:32 PM
when is the last time you changed your transmission fluid? also it's probably a sign that your clutch has lived most of it's life and is telling you something.

zer0se
08-25-2011, 12:40 PM
so now it grinds when i turn the car on,but a soon as i push the clutch in it goes away. it won't go into any gear right now.the clutch was new when it went in four months ago. the tranny fluid was changed 2 years ago.

02TWSI
08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
so now it grinds when i turn the car on,but a soon as i push the clutch in it goes away. it won't go into any gear right now.the clutch was new when it went in four months ago. the tranny fluid was changed 2 years ago.

I do one yearly or sooner....

T_Virus
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
wow 2 years? you should have changed the tranny fluid when your new clutch was put in 4 months ago... Try that first...

zer0se
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
So its my linkage cable, anyone know a good place to find one at a good price? or any ideas on what would be a better replacement,thanks.

AKEP
09-03-2011, 01:55 AM
nothing better than oem honda

ImportCustomx
10-01-2011, 05:47 PM
op When you buy your cable please post up the part number..i am going through the same thing right now

AKEP
10-01-2011, 06:25 PM
when i read it again i feel like the clutch springs broke. but if you already know its the linkage then, yeah.