PDA

View Full Version : RSX Type-S ECU

PJsSCW
07-19-2002, 11:25 AM
I wonder if this would be an easy swap??? Do you think it would be of any benefit???

iR-VTEC2
07-19-2002, 10:10 PM
I do not think it would be of any good as the Type S' computer controls VTEC cam lobes on both the intake and exhaust.

The 02 Civic Si only has VTEC on the intake cam.

Sooky
07-19-2002, 10:45 PM
i dont think it do that much good.... plus if u get that ecu, u wont have ur rev limiter at 6.8 or whatever its on anymore so ur more likely to blow the engine if u dont watch ur revs closely

SiCivic2k2
07-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
I do not think it would be of any good as the Type S' computer controls VTEC cam lobes on both the intake and exhaust.

The 02 Civic Si only has VTEC on the intake cam.

Can we change ours to where we have the VTEC on the exhaust? Would it benifit us any?

TezGari
07-20-2002, 08:07 AM
Were turning in to the Honda-tech.com- rice/mufflerboys/LED pissers/emblems stealers/intake warriors/Fast and the Gayness dreamer/Hyrbid wanabes......Our stock Si is a great car why change it?

its not like we own 92 civic HX (with nothing) we dont "have to swap motors to compete with other cars.

Gibhunter
07-20-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by trinispeed
Were turning in to the Honda-tech.com- rice/mufflerboys/LED pissers/emblems stealers/intake warriors/Fast and the Gayness dreamer/Hyrbid wanabes......Our stock Si is a great car why change it?

its not like we own 92 civic HX (with nothing) we dont "have to swap motors to compete with other cars.

We sure could use another 500RPM though.

K20Death
07-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Would it be of any better use to some how make Vtec engage the exhaust also?

Az02Si
07-20-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Gibhunter

We sure could use another 500RPM though. Hell yes.The 02 Si NEEDS a few more RPM.Thats what burns my ass when i run a 99-00 Si....Im hitting FOURTH FRIGGIN GEAR at 80 mph,while they hold out to 87-89ish.So i shift to 4th,and thats when the 99-00 really makes its move.Im shifting,and hes still in gear pulling.Just like when i raced my 00 after the jrsc was removed,against my friends toda powered 00 Si...I actually held his ass off till i went to 3rd,and he BLEW past me like there was a Pratt@Whitney jet engine strapped to his car.I HATE that crap.

02SilverSiHB
07-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed

I totally agree with you. It's like taking my old ex and saying if I could put a si ecu to make it faster.....uh no! :D I don't think that kinda shit will give you good results. I'm going to stay na and just do I/H/E. I like the car the way it is, except for a need of lowering and rims :D