PDA

View Full Version : Very weird electrical problem with my EP3 - Free beer to whoever can solve it

IgottaEP3
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I've actually read a couple of threads on this same problem on these boards but no one ever has an answer so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this..

1. For starters the AC will only blow cold air when Im at least at a constant RPM .. say 3k.. and cruising. Otherwise it will cycle on and off randomly.
2. My driver's side blinker blinks at a very rapid pace, but blinks at a normal pace when the hazards are on.
3. When the AC is on and running at a constant RPM, the driver's side blinker might or might not work when I choose to use it.
4. When I have the cruise control on and cruising at say 70 and the AC blowing fine, if I were to put the driver's side blinker on it cuts off the cruise control and immediately decelerate.

Basically it seems like there is some sort of electrical problem and the AC and driver's side blinker are some how related. If anyone can fix this beast of a problem I will be sure to buy you tall boy if I'm ever to cross paths with you on the street.

hyu
08-23-2011, 08:08 PM
1. Might need a recharge on the A/C or possible leak somewhere.
2. Could be a fuse
3. Fuse?
4. Bad wiring or fuse...

Man your car has the same amount of electrical gremlins as a German car...

apexracing
08-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I've actually read a couple of threads on this same problem on these boards but no one ever has an answer so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this..

1. For starters the AC will only blow cold air when Im at least at a constant RPM .. say 3k.. and cruising. Otherwise it will cycle on and off randomly.
2. My driver's side blinker blinks at a very rapid pace, but blinks at a normal pace when the hazards are on.
3. When the AC is on and running at a constant RPM, the driver's side blinker might or might not work when I choose to use it.
4. When I have the cruise control on and cruising at say 70 and the AC blowing fine, if I were to put the driver's side blinker on it cuts off the cruise control and immediately decelerate.

Basically it seems like there is some sort of electrical problem and the AC and driver's side blinker are some how related. If anyone can fix this beast of a problem I will be sure to buy you tall boy if I'm ever to cross paths with you on the street.

ive seen it posted on here that there is a ground on the front core support that can cause these issues when it comes loose or gets corroded

IgottaEP3
08-24-2011, 10:02 PM
You nailed it, took off the front bumper and adjusted the connection and voila. Back to normal, btw as promised, if I see you on the street you got a beer comin.

Thanks

apexracing
08-24-2011, 10:16 PM
no problem i'm glad i could help. btw through a tall can of coors light into irene as she comes by if i'm lucky i can snag it as she heads up the coast. lmao!

Ba82Ep3
08-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Can i get a consolation beer? Ill take Busch... : )

talonXracer
08-25-2011, 07:00 AM
These modern cars do not like to have corrosion present on the grounds, it creates all sorts of issues with backfeeding and ground loops, you are lucky it didnt take out the multiplexor or ECU due to the ground loops.