PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit Confusion?

StimulisRK
08-24-2011, 07:49 AM
I want to get a rear camber kit - i have a 1.5" drop with Tokico Blue's.

I've I've a had a bunch of people tell me that camber kits are just a few nuts and bolts and cost around $20-$50. I'm looking at getting a rear camber kit, and i've been looking around and it looks like rear camber kits replace the arms and cost around $180... So are arm replacements what I need?

I'm new to all this, any suggestions? These are the Ingalls, Megans and Skunk2's im looking at:
http://www.ingallseng.com/38950-38970-smartarm-adjustable-link-adjusts-camber.html
http://store.skunk2.com/suspension-tuning/rear-camber-kits/rear-camber-kit-116.html
http://www.raceinspired.com/p-15398-megan-racing-camber-kit-honda-civic-si-2002-2005.aspx

talonXracer
08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
the fronts are just a cam bolt that is used in place of one of the pinch bolts on each front strut. The rear camber adjusters replace the entire upper link and thusly the larger cost. I have seen several of the el-cheapo rear camber arms snap like pretzels, do not go cheap as they are subjected to alot of stress. Make sure to use alot of antisieze on the threads and coupler and lock nuts, and when I say alot, I mean ALOT ! ! !

gtolio
08-24-2011, 08:37 AM
The Ingalls are nice. I don't have them, but I have seen them in person since I used to know a guy that worked for them. I have the SPC. They don't look as nice as the Ingalls, but I've never had any problems with them.

I don't know if they even make a kit for the ep3 or not anymore. There is a RSX kit, but I'm not sure if it's compatible or not.

JaydmEp3
08-24-2011, 09:33 AM
u can look at club ep3..my rear r spc and front r ingalls.

talonXracer
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't know if they even make a kit for the ep3 or not anymore. There is a RSX kit, but I'm not sure if it's compatible or not.

They are the same exact part.

JJay.
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM
ingalls are good.

gtolio
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
They are the same exact part.

That's what I figured, but I wasn't 100% positive.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
08-24-2011, 10:39 AM
the fronts are just a cam bolt that is used in place of one of the pinch bolts on each front strut. The rear camber adjusters replace the entire upper link and thusly the larger cost. I have seen several of the el-cheapo rear camber arms snap like pretzels, do not go cheap as they are subjected to alot of stress. Make sure to use alot of antisieze on the threads and coupler and lock nuts, and when I say alot, I mean ALOT ! ! !

yeah...the man speaks the truth.
either that or you'll have to check the nuts after a few weeks of driving.

mine seem like they came loose by a thread or two after a few weeks

StimulisRK
08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys. I got it down to Skunk2, BuddyClub, and Blackworks from THMotorsports.

Dumb question: Do the prices reflect a set of 2? Or just 1 link?

for example, http://thmotorsports.com/blackworks_racing/bwr_camber_kit/bwrc1005gm/i-396890.aspx

I'm currently with their online chat, but they're taking forever to respond

Popeye
08-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Im glad someone ELSE is as confused as I am! lol I have been looking at the Ingals kits. Not a bad price.
But here is my question....a lot of people get JUST the rear camber kits. What about the front? I know they sell them, and I know they are often included with the higher dollar coilover kits...but what about someone thats on a budget and just installs springs, yet still wants to be able to adjust the camber up front?

talonXracer
08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes the Ingles camber bolts are available by themselves, and most people do just THE FRONT as it is far easier.

The aluminum rear camber arms are the ones that are prone to snapping, Ingles camber arms are steel, but all of their parts are simply black oxide coated, black oxide is porous so in order to keep them from rusting they need to be constantly oil coated or painted prior to install.

T_Virus
08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
spc has been on my car for more than 4 years and still going good.

gtolio
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes the Ingles camber bolts are available by themselves, and most people do just THE FRONT as it is far easier.

The aluminum rear camber arms are the ones that are prone to snapping, Ingles camber arms are steel, but all of their parts are simply black oxide coated, black oxide is porous so in order to keep them from rusting they need to be constantly oil coated or painted prior to install.

It depends where you live and what conditions you drive your car in. Mine are unpainted carbon steel and I've had no problems.