PDA

View Full Version : local fs section

j0000stin
08-24-2011, 03:23 PM
is there any way you can set up a sub section in the regionals to set up fs threads. it would help locals find parts without having to ship em out!

talonXracer
08-24-2011, 03:29 PM
That would create far too much clutter, if you are selling something and want to target a specific area then place that FIRST in your "for sale" thread title.

j0000stin
08-24-2011, 03:31 PM
That would create far too much clutter, if you are selling something and want to target a specific area then place that FIRST in your "for sale" thread title.

well thats the easiest solution. but i find it more convenient to have a fs section in the regionals just as crsx has them

Ba82Ep3
08-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Just outta curiosity... what is it with most of Cali wanting to avoid shipping anyways?

j0000stin
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Just outta curiosity... what is it with most of Cali wanting to avoid shipping anyways?

well i ship. you of all people should know that haha

and iono why?

boricua4life
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
mee too shipping its not that hard. i mean if you want a better chance of selling your stuff why not right? atleast thats what i think....

Ba82Ep3
08-24-2011, 07:20 PM
well i ship. you of all people should know that haha

and iono why?

That's why I said 'most' wanna avoid shipping. LOL

I dunno I just see so many Cali WTS threads and its more often than not 'locals only', and 'i don't wanna bother with shipping' is usually in there.

Do east coast west coast relations still suffer? I thought most of that shit died with Tupac n Biggie... lol

gtolio
08-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Shipping isn't hard. You take that shit down to the UPS store or the post office, box it up and it's out of there. People are lazy.

Draw7Seven
08-24-2011, 08:39 PM
TBH there is only one state of the 50 that would want a locals style classifieds section. That entire mentality is concentrated to a fairly small geographical area.

j0000stin
08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
well the way i see it is shipping is more for us because all of the states are farther apart then the wast coast.

i, for one, am willing to ship my shit as long as the buyer pays for shipping.

i dont think there is a real answer to this because everyone has their own reasons

Ba82Ep3
08-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Tis true. CA is one big ass state taking up the majority of the west coastline. East coast has a sh!tload of states in the same amount of land.

Personally i dont mind shipping at all. I wouldnt mind shipping to Canada, if i knew the ins and outs of the border regulations and had an easy way to calculate time and cost. But there isnt (that i know of).

For the record... im not complaining in any way... just the thread title made me wonder. j0000stin was awesome and shipped me my sh!t. :thumbu:

boricua4life
08-24-2011, 09:14 PM
none the less this is still a good dicussion since there are some different opinions. i think it just depends on the person and their situation of who wants to ship things.

gtolio
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Canada is not hard to ship to from the US. Just use the UPS site. It pretty much walks you through everything. If you are doing it and have questions or get lost, PM me. I have customers up there and do it all the time.

Tnhatch03
08-24-2011, 09:19 PM
i dont think there is a real answer to this because everyone has their own reasons

here is the real answer:

it would be difficult to mod every regional section that has a for sale thread. if we did it for Cali, we would have to do it everywhere else. it makes more sense to have one main FS section. if you or anyone else wants to keep it local only, just put that in the title...

j0000stin
08-24-2011, 11:14 PM
here is the real answer:

it would be difficult to mod every regional section that has a for sale thread. if we did it for Cali, we would have to do it everywhere else. it makes more sense to have one main FS section. if you or anyone else wants to keep it local only, just put that in the title...

not to come off as an ass but why dont you just allow fs:threads in the regionals.

edit:nvm it would get hella cluttered

Draw7Seven
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM
it would be difficult to mod every regional section that has a for sale thread.

why dont you just allow fs:threads in the regionals.

it would be difficult to mod every regional section that has a for sale thread.

By "mod," I'm pretty sure he means "moderate," not "modify." The amount of police work that has to be done to keep this site's for sale section organized and rule-oriented creates a large amount of work for our (volunteer) mods as it is.

j0000stin
08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
By "mod," I'm pretty sure he means "moderate," not "modify." The amount of police work that has to be done to keep this site's for sale section organized and rule-oriented creates a large amount of work for our (volunteer) mods as it is.

ahh i see what he did there haha

Tnhatch03
08-25-2011, 07:12 PM
ahh i see what he did there haha

;-)

NEO_FOLLOWER2
08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
to be quite honest

a local for sale section would simply just not work for our chassis

theres not nearly enough ep3 around to sell stuff (at least here in texas)
clubep3 for sale section nevers gets hits like on here (i see fs threads from like 2 months ago still on the first page)
i find having one fs section makes it easier to check on everyday as compared to going through each different section