PDA

View Full Version : Interior light won't lit up when doors open?

YohL
08-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey guys, recently my interior lights won't come on when I open my doors. (both front ones & rear)

It bothers me a lot, especially when it's really dark outside.

I've made sure the switch position is in the middle, I've changed bulbs, still no luck. If I manually turn it on, it'll turn on no problem. Where should I start finding the problem from? Thanks much!

talonXracer
08-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Check the door switch, it may be inop.

BlackK20
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
have the same problem checked the door sensors and when the keys are in the ignition it still notifies me that the doors open, it works when i turn on the dome light normally tho :/

sidriverep3
02-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Bad multiplexer control unit. Replace fuse box. Check door switch wiring before installing. If you have an aftermarket alarm there needs to be diodes installed inline with door switch wires.

Its an expensive mistake. But that's what it is. I live with mine.

StimulisRK
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
I had the same problem - it was a blown fuse. I replaced it, and everything went back to normal.

I also had other problems though, not just the lights - the light and key alarm would go off (when I left my lights on, and left my key in ignition), radio would get no power, and I had to lock all 3 doors manually.

YohL
03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
I had the same problem - it was a blown fuse. I replaced it, and everything went back to normal.

I also had other problems though, not just the lights - the light and key alarm would go off (when I left my lights on, and left my key in ignition), radio would get no power, and I had to lock all 3 doors manually.

What fuse (fuse #) was it that was blown? Thanks.