PDA

View Full Version : how to hook up spliced wires?

wtfOO
12-31-2002, 01:55 PM
i have a line out converter for my amp and i need to splice into a set of rear speakers. i cut the wires and how would i put them together? do i just use superglue then ducktape? just ducktape?waht other methods have u guys used that work? thanks, also i would do this same thing for the remote lead.

BlasTech
12-31-2002, 02:04 PM
The best way would be to solder them, then cover them with tape/rubber/or a cap. You can get a pretty cheap soldering iron and some solder at a craft store or radio shack that should last forever around the house.

A really good alternative is to go to radio shack and get some of the little plastic caps that you can put both loose wires in and twist together. Just be sure to get the right size for the gague of wire you are using. The look like little plastic glue lids...I think they are called wire ties.

napapacoda
12-31-2002, 02:18 PM
I'd Solder them since its something thats probably a pain in the ass to get to and once its soldered, the connection will stay.

BarracksSi
12-31-2002, 03:11 PM
I've used crimp connectors before. They hold pretty well -- better than the twist caps, I'd say.

Not as good as soldering, though. Wiring that's been heated up a LOT will soak up solder just the way it needs to go.

Just don't leave any exposed wire, though. Electrical tape is OK, but heatshrink tubing is best.