PDA

View Full Version : Soon Farewell..Need Help

Onasty
08-29-2011, 07:04 AM
So yea im finally really getting rid of my ep :mcry: . But i have a choose i need to make, i dont know which car to choose.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x243/whempblaya/74193_460941297225_535167225_5337770_6233976_n.jpg

Pushing over 300+ hp turbo'd, drives like a beaut and is manual. Problem my 5 month son and spouse are not fitting in this comfortable. I REALLLY WANT

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x243/whempblaya/218068_10150162018122226_535167225_6514358_6921599 _n.jpg

Also over 300+ hp turbo, drives amazing and picks up really nice. Auto. Problem is i dont like the tight steering and needs paint. VERY PRACTICAL

I know i should get the volvo because its such a fun car and fast. Better family vehicle, But i really want the other. Cant choose. Advise

Kerby
08-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Volvo. Reasons why:

1.) insurance cost would be lower
2.) I always see like 10+ volvos expecially that Model Year in junkyards so parts will be somewhat cheap.
3.) More family oriented vehicle.
4.) Auto - so if wife doesn't know how to drive a manual your golden

bizzle
08-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Get a Volvo 850 or v70 turbo but find one in better shape. I had 95 850 turbo pushing 320hp and it was INSANE and fun to drive even being an automatic.

Onasty
08-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Volvo. Reasons why:

2.) I always see like 10+ volvos expecially that Model Year in junkyards so parts will be somewhat cheap.

I was thinking the same but..I seriously love the porsche everything on both cars are brand new only reason i know is because their owned by my spousees uncle. Porsche has 18k miles and Volvo has 64k. The only thing need on the volvo is a paint job and a power steering pump(it may be going out).

Price:
Porsche 18k on 15psi porsche makes 380
Volvo 4.5K on 15 psi volvo makes 320 (It is tuned for 24psi but deff needs a retune because he doesnt even remember what it made)

But to have a car I in love with is worth the 18k, My spouse can always get the family car, Next year but if i pass on the porsche it might not be there next year neither will the volvo. Dilema. But when i did test drive both cars i love the volvo because the power is so unexpected in a Auto. I thought the car was going to go nowhere but pulled on a new camaro ss hard.

Onasty
08-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Volvo. Reasons why:

I was thinking the same but..I seriously love the porsche everything on both cars are brand new only reason i know is because their owned by my spousees uncle. Porsche has 18k miles and Volvo has 64k. The only thing need on the volvo is a paint job and a power steering pump(it may be going out).

Price:
Porsche 18k on 15psi porsche makes 380
Volvo 4.5K on 15 psi volvo makes 320 (It is tuned for 24psi but deff needs a retune because he doesnt even remember what it made)

But to have a car I in love with is worth the 18k, My spouse can always get the family car, Next year but if i pass on the porsche it might not be there next year neither will the volvo. Dilema. But when i did test drive both cars i love the volvo because the power is so unexpected in a Auto. I thought the car was going to go nowhere but pulled on a new camaro ss hard.

Rasy
08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
You should hop on the v70r forums. Safety is the top of Volvo's priority list for sure, but I've read reliability issues with them, though, the second generation is affected more. Things like suspension issues, bad steering feedback, and some transmission issues.

I considered one of them, and if you look past the power, you will definitely see that it's a hit-or-miss type of car in terms of reliability. I'd definitely want to know what services have been performed.

If I were you, I'd definitely get something practical as well, especially since you have a family on the way, so I'd consider other wagons too.

EPSU3
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm leaning towards to volvo since it is going to be for daily use. I just sold my EP and bought an S4. Not the most reliable vehicle but the extra doors and 300 awd hp are nice.

powdbyrice
08-29-2011, 01:03 PM
sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeper.

MugenReplica
08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Those 944 turbo's are a nightmare to work on! I just finished installing a clutch in one with a friend. I absolutely love the handling and power of it (it's chipped), but man was it a PITFA to fix!! Not to mention they're cheap to buy and expensive to fix!

Onasty
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Get a Volvo 850 or v70 turbo but find one in better shape. I had 95 850 turbo pushing 320hp and it was INSANE and fun to drive even being an automatic.

Its a Volvo 850 and its pushing around 320 but like i said the only thing it needs is a paint job the interior is all leather which is nice.

Those 944 turbo's are a nightmare to work on! I just finished installing a clutch in one with a friend. I absolutely love the handling and power of it (it's chipped), but man was it a PITFA to fix!! Not to mention they're cheap to buy and expensive to fix!

Damn what a detterance, The only other wagon i had in mind was the audi a3 sport hatchback. I just figured a Volvo brand new engine parts, pushin 315hp for 64k miles for 4.5k thought it was a steal

j0000stin
08-29-2011, 10:06 PM
get the volvo. honestly, in this point in your life your going to have to put your spouse and child's wants and needs before your own. you'll be able to get a fast car later down the road. plus, having your girl complain to you about the car all the time isnt worth it.

edit: get a wrx wagon broski!!! you could flip the ep and get enough to get an 05 wagon

blueandgoldep3
08-29-2011, 11:32 PM
im sorry guys.... but WTF is wrong with all of you!?!?! these should be youre only two options

option A ... buy the porsche ... and then drop 2 grand on an old eg or ek for the for the lady... cheap roomy and easy to maintain

option B ... buy the porsche ... and then drop the wife and kid ... rock the shit out of that porsche and scoop a hot blonde for daily road head lol

problem solved either way imo

Rasy
08-30-2011, 05:56 AM
option B ... buy the porsche ... and then drop the wife and kid ... rock the shit out of that porsche and scoop a hot blonde for daily road head lol

I can imagine the wife reading this over his shoulder and it not going to well. :mconfused:

Well, with the 850 being priced that low, it sounds like it may be worth it. The 944 on the other hand is fantastic if you're looking for aftermarket support, and parts in general.

Ba82Ep3
08-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Is this for real? Get the Porsche. I know theyre a pain to wrench on and expensive but... how often will you come across something like that?

Then get her something nice... something her choice for the family.

Onasty
08-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Is this for real? Get the Porsche. I know theyre a pain to wrench on and expensive but... how often will you come across something like that?

Then get her something nice... something her choice for the family.

Problem is right now i only have enough for the n nothing else if that were my option. I think im leaning more towards the volvo bc then we could start looking for a condo and i could start my lil mans gokart project. Gokart project because i want to put him in the lil boys league when hes old enough.

Edit: Plus 4.5k for a 320hp auto. I test drove it and i was seriously shocked outta my shoes.

Ba82Ep3
08-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Thats true. Ive been there, so i know what ya mean. Ima tell you what though... in hindsight i wouldnt have sacrificed as much as i did. Im not saying family doesnt come first but... in the end, a woman can leave you take the kids and everything else and what do you have? A go kart and a bunch of memories to torture yourself with.

This is just my opinion but if i were you... and the Porsche is something i wanted... i would get it. But in the same hand i would be sure i could get for them whatever they wanted/needed. If i didnt have the cash for it all up front then i would sit down with the wife and say, "hey this is what i want... can we work something out...". It sucks that happiness has come down to a $ value as much as it has... but it is what it is.

All i know is i busted my ass to give my X everything she wanted. She wanted the dream. The marriage the house the kids... and all i got was a shit ass 9 to 5 job, bills, and a divorce out of it. Her dream was my nightmare... lol

Again thats just my opinion. And trust me... its skewed and completely biased. haha

gtolio
08-30-2011, 11:20 AM
944 Turbos are getting pretty rare. Especially with that low of miles and as super clean as that one looks. I would have a real hard time walking away from that. I think 944 + daily is definitely something that I would consider.

ep3colin
08-30-2011, 03:26 PM
dont choose a car over your family, get the volvo