PDA

View Full Version : Wheels on the way!

kale's blue ep3
08-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Ordered 16in fully polished steel gray slipstreams last night last set they had :) will be coming this week or next. Will post photos! Afters months of deciding what wheel i want....BUT What locking lug nuts do you guys prefer i heard gorilla is the best? I do not want a locking lug that people can get off with a hex sockets. Also i saw the oem ones from honda that the key looks a bit different and harder to get off. I just want to be able to sleep at night comfortably thanks

gtolio
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
You need to run conical lugs like gorilla, or pretty much any other aftermarket lug nut, with aftermarket wheels. The shape is different than oem wheels/lug nuts.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9674/lugnut.jpg

T_Virus
08-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I would never run gorilla lug nuts again. Easiest to steal. My in-law was able to open it with a regular socket when I had the grollia socket key on me. Your best bet is to buy a set of lugnuts with locks.

powdbyrice
08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
depends how much you want to spend.

whats your budget?

MBaG
08-30-2011, 12:51 AM
You live in a bad area? I just had cheapo lug nuts with the autozone key and I had rpf's; if you live in a safe area, I'm pretty sure your Rotas will be fine.

kale's blue ep3
08-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Well hey I know they are just rota but with tires it will be close to 900 which is a nice chunk of change to me... If you guys could name some brands. Around 100 I'm willing to pay or anything to keep my wheels safe from theifs and I live in ok area but there is people in the area I just don't trust and are known for stealing parts.