PDA

View Full Version : opinions or experiences with the obx 4-2-1 headers

blueandgoldep3
09-02-2011, 12:16 AM
good price and looks like a quality product, i mean they arent dc or buddy club but they arent some no name crap brand either , anyone have any experience with them?

ep3colin
09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
i have an obx raceheader on my car and it works fine, may not make the most power, but it does the job for cheap

AKEP
09-02-2011, 02:38 AM
OBX is a knock off company. I have their LSD. It's a knock off of Quaife unit. The headers are copys of name brand units. I haven't seen anyone complain about them yet.

blueandgoldep3
09-02-2011, 02:44 AM
i guess all in all it would be a decent purchase then until i go boost, dont wanna spend $900 on buddy club headers just to pull them out next summer and lose money them trying to sell them used , and thenif i end up not going boost at least ill still have a decent header in the car, how does it sound colin?

T_Virus
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
OBX RH Vers 2 FTW...It's the comptech replica.

blueandgoldep3
09-02-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=893#

so they only list is for an rsx , obviously its a k20 motor but they have have different headers for the rsx and the rsx type-s ... 1 piece or 2 piece, which would be the recommended header for the a3

ep3colin
09-02-2011, 03:38 PM
i guess all in all it would be a decent purchase then until i go boost, dont wanna spend $900 on buddy club headers just to pull them out next summer and lose money them trying to sell them used , and thenif i end up not going boost at least ill still have a decent header in the car, how does it sound colin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylJsourLLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CLcGQfhqcE8

obx RH verson 2
2.5 inch ebay exhaust mated to the stock axleback

only mods, doesnt sound great but at cruising speeds its silent, makes a little more power with no attention from cops

blueandgoldep3
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylJsourLLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CLcGQfhqcE8

obx RH verson 2
2.5 inch ebay exhaust mated to the stock axleback

only mods, doesnt sound great but at cruising speeds its silent, makes a little more power with no attention from cops

cool man , i hate to knock but that rev video sounded kinda tinny lol im hoping with the exhaust i have on now itll sound a little better than stock, my magna flow sounds really good with aem v2 intake i have, althought headers are for performance im a stickler for sound as well so i dont want it to sound riced out lol

monjarassi
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I rocked the v2 for 4 yrs and made over tons of passes at the track, dyno even on spray, i put that header through hell never had an issue!!! id recommend it

blueandgoldep3
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I rocked the v2 for 4 yrs and made over tons of passes at the track, dyno even on spray, i put that header through hell never had an issue!!! id recommend it

awesome man thanks for your input , ive been looking at it for a while i think im gonna get it lol

monjarassi
09-02-2011, 06:02 PM
awesome man thanks for your input , ive been looking at it for a while i think im gonna get it lol

Gl

gtimportfanatic
09-03-2011, 03:05 AM
cool man , i hate to knock but that rev video sounded kinda tinny lol im hoping with the exhaust i have on now itll sound a little better than stock, my magna flow sounds really good with aem v2 intake i have, althought headers are for performance im a stickler for sound as well so i dont want it to sound riced out lol

yeah that raspyness sounds like how mine did with the shorty header megan downpipe and 2.5 to stock axleback... i'll take a vid of my spoon raceheader and 2.5 pipe to stock axle back.. sounds alot better..

mp_02si
09-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Using a good quality resonator really cleans up your exhaust sound.

OBX RH for the win!!! I should have never traded mine. Oh well we live and we learn. Just glad to know its in good hands now.

blueandgoldep3
09-03-2011, 09:14 AM
yeah that raspyness sounds like how mine did with the shorty header megan downpipe and 2.5 to stock axleback... i'll take a vid of my spoon raceheader and 2.5 pipe to stock axle back.. sounds alot better..

id actually like to hear that lol why is everyone keeping there stock exhaust? idgi?

mp_02si
09-03-2011, 11:07 AM
what did you trade it for?

A car lol.

WPB EP3
09-03-2011, 02:58 PM
anybody have tuned dyno results for the obx?

ep3colin
09-10-2011, 04:12 PM
id actually like to hear that lol why is everyone keeping there stock exhaust? idgi?

i dont care about the sound at high rpms as im not up there much, at cruising speeds its silent, i just like the stock muffler because it makes me under the radar especially with all these stupid exhaust tickets, just not worth it imho

blueandgoldep3
09-10-2011, 04:23 PM
i dont care about the sound at high rpms as im not up there much, at cruising speeds its silent, i just like the stock muffler because it makes me under the radar especially with all these stupid exhaust tickets, just not worth it imho
lol thats why i like my exhaust it looks totally stock but has a great sound to it... i got an exhaust ticket once because the cop was just being a complete douchebag

Blah1219
09-10-2011, 05:14 PM

I'm so jealous! Would you like to sell it? Haha I need one to mate to my spoon muffler.