PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lots

bizzle
09-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Anyone ever see someone throw their door open, hit your car and flat out deny they did it? That's what happened to me yesterday at work. I saw these assholes through the door at work because I happened to be standing there. I walk outside and say "I think you just hit my car" and I get "must have been some other truck, you're looking awful hard at me with those glasses" (what the fuck?) and drive off. I would have went nuts but I didn't feel like getting stabbed by three black dudes.

Two scratches all the way to the metal. God damn Honda and their super thin paint. This is like the third time this has happened already.

blueandgoldep3
09-02-2011, 03:45 AM
this is why i constantly park in no mans land whenever i go out, im the guy who parks in the further possible spot away from where i am going usually finding a spot where a person can only park on one side of for that exact reason

talonXracer
09-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Watched a guy push a shopping cart away from his new caddi and he stood and watched it roll into my car, I was on my way to the car at the time, I yelled and he simply nodded said it was just a Honda and started getting into his car, I grabbed the cart and took a running start at his caddy and let the cart go, slamo into the side of the new caddi, he went bezerko and then tried to get in my face, that didnt turn out well for him.....

POOPTOOTH
09-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Yes Doug!!!!

Thats why I keep a short little baseball bat behind my drivers seat, for certain types of 'instances'...

Anthony, I hear ya man. I've actually had to file a claim with my insurance to get my passenger door fixed/resprayed, it was THAT bad. People have absolutely no respect for other peoples shit nowadays. I recently was on the receiving end of yet another door ding, that will cost me a couple hundred bucks worth of paint-less dent removal.

Everytime I park somewhere and notice someone a little too close for comfort, I make damn sure there is nothing wrong with my car. If so, well there will be a nice size 12 dent in the side of there car, BELIEVE THAT. God, that shit pisses me off.

bizzle
09-02-2011, 06:12 AM
My normal reaction would have been to went nuts like that, but I was at work, didn't feel like getting stabbed or arrested while at work, so I had to just let it go. I think they'll be back because I believe they were working on the store a few down from mine. Problem with going off on them is then I have to worry about the car getting vandalized just out of spite. I'd file a claim and get them all fixed but my deductible is $1000 and it'll just make my insurance go up and just happen again anyway.

I could park further back in my parking lot but it's fairly empty there which leads to people cutting through at 30 mph which will inevitably lead to someone on their cellphone not paying attention just smashing the car completely, with no one to see it and where security camera aren't there to capture. I lose either way.

Rictorious88
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Man that sucks.. people suck.. Within the last 2 months i have been door dinged 4 times and never saw the people who did it..
Also, each of these dents left a nice paint scuff which I couldn't rub off. :/

Bizzle if you see them again you should just pop all their tires and give them a nice dent when they are not around. lol

Rictorious88
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Watched a guy push a shopping cart away from his new caddi and he stood and watched it roll into my car, I was on my way to the car at the time, I yelled and he simply nodded said it was just a Honda and started getting into his car, I grabbed the cart and took a running start at his caddy and let the cart go, slamo into the side of the new caddi, he went bezerko and then tried to get in my face, that didnt turn out well for him.....
LOL Awesome!

ace of spades
09-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Anyone ever see someone throw their door open, hit your car and flat out deny they did it? That's what happened to me yesterday at work. I saw these assholes through the door at work because I happened to be standing there. I walk outside and say "I think you just hit my car" and I get "must have been some other truck, you're looking awful hard at me with those glasses" (what the fuck?) and drive off. I would have went nuts but I didn't feel like getting stabbed by three black dudes.

Two scratches all the way to the metal. God damn Honda and their super thin paint. This is like the third time this has happened already.
I haven't seen it, but I have a ding on every fucking panel of my car because of the savages in Philly. I park, get my bike out, ride the city all day, get back and find a new ding. 3 things are guaranteed in life: death, taxes, door dings while in Philly.

gtolio
09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I park way the hell out there when I drive the "nice" cars for that exact reason. If I saw someone smash mine up, I'd be taking license plate numbers and calling the cops or just getting some revenge.

Getting to smash up some asshole's new caddy would almost make it worth it. Almost. That is the best story I've heard in a while. Details on how the rest of it went down?

DRP967
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM

Never had anyone deny the deed but some individuals/parties have been nonchalant about the whole ordeal. What I do is take note of their license plate number. I realized a long time ago there is no sense in making a scene in front of the masses/potential witnesses. Just keep your cool as to not appear suspect and plan accordingly for retribution.

talonXracer
09-02-2011, 08:53 AM
The guy backed down quickly, saying well we both have dings in our cars now, i said yep, he got in his car and drove away, I did too half expecting cops to show up or pull me over at any minute as i was leaving, never heard anything about it again, never seen the scrawny peckerhead ever again!

gtolio
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
The guy backed down quickly, saying well we both have dings in our cars now, i said yep, he got in his car and drove away, I did too half expecting cops to show up or pull me over at any minute as i was leaving, never heard anything about it again, never seen the scrawny peckerhead ever again!

His ding is more expensive than yours, though. You win. :tehe:

apexracing
09-02-2011, 10:50 AM

that folks is winning

talonXracer
09-02-2011, 11:38 AM
His ding is more expensive than yours, though. You win. :tehe:

Most assuredly, I never fixed the door dings, his ding/dent was on a edge of the fender ansd as you mentioned far more costly to repair!

T_Virus
09-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Doug, I thought you were probably going to brake his face or arms in 1 move.

OP, I hear you. I have a old old neighbor probably in her 70's who still drives and she hit my car twice before when opening her door. But, I guess I'm too soft to say ....You !@#$%^&*(), you just hit my car, you @#$%^&*(). I just let it be.

gtolio
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I had a boss once that put just about all the dings that are in my car there. F'n asshole. Wasn't worth losing my job over though.

superd16girl
09-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Winning! That is awesome!! Props to you!

I hate parking lots.... my brother just got his civic and parked as far away in a parking lot as possible and there was a cart in the side of his car. I think sometime people do it just to be assholes.

bizzle
09-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Winning! That is awesome!! Props to you!

I hate parking lots.... my brother just got his civic and parked as far away in a parking lot as possible and there was a cart in the side of his car. I think sometime people do it just to be assholes.

The other problem with doing that is sometimes it brings more attention to the car, especially if it's clearly not stock. Some people just go "look at this dick and his Honda, let's key it".

superd16girl
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
The other problem with doing that is sometimes it brings more attention to the car, especially if it's clearly not stock. Some people just go "look at this dick and his Honda, let's key it".
Exactly! And it brings more attention for people that have sticky fingers... I just try to park by cars that seem to be more expensive and well taken care of and hope that since they spent a lot on the car that they will care about other peoples.
Now not necessarily true especially with this caddie example, but I like to think that it helps...

talonXracer
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Now if someone opens their doors carelessly, I suffer no damage, and they will have some serious dents on their door edges, the rock sliders on the sidekick are awesome for protection.

gtolio
09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Now if someone opens their doors carelessly, I suffer no damage, and they will have some serious dents on their door edges, the rock sliders on the sidekick are awesome for protection.

Yeah, but offroad rig, are you really worried about door dings? I just park my xterra wherever. Although, half the time I don't think the car next to me has high enough doors to do anything, but still.

j0000stin
09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
i, for one, care about hitting the car next to me when i open my door only for the reason that i risk chipping the paint on the edge of my door haha

but then again i try parking in betwenn benz's and bmw's because i know they'll try their best not to hit my car for the same reason haha

junevtec
09-02-2011, 04:41 PM
roflol that caddi story was epic dude

PatrickJamesYu
09-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Aren't you an older fellow?
I really wish I could have seen this go down
haha

Project Yellow
09-02-2011, 07:15 PM

hehehohohhahah.

I had a custom painted SUV a few years ago, It was like a magnet for people with stud belts to lean on, shopping carts to hit, people to slam doors into, etc. Eventually my dad just stopped repainting it and told me to get over it.

talonXracer
09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I really wish I could have seen this go down
haha

youth and endurance will never overcome age, treachory and a huge arsenal......

Bryan144
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
this is why i constantly park in no mans land whenever i go out, im the guy who parks in the further possible spot away from where i am going usually finding a spot where a person can only park on one side of for that exact reason
I park SOOO far away whether I'm at Mcdonald's or a HUGE mall. I'll walk a mile.

Drunken Yak inc
09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
On Sept 19th my car is getting repainted. The asshole yard guy at work was using a weed eater on fucking weeds growing though the cracks in the parking lot in front of my office, which was conveniently all around my car. My hood and windshield are pitted to hell, and every single other panel has damage except the roof. $2800 in damage but my companies insurance is picking up the tab. The real bitch of it is I had stripped the old wax off, buffed and then hand waxed the entire car two night prior to this.

Johnny
09-09-2011, 11:12 AM

LMAO Sorry but that is a trip.

eternal780
09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
man i know how you feel . i have a black car and it shows. i bought my ep a few months ago with 2 little dings now both of my doors there are dings everywhere and it look like its all warped WTF people need to look and be careful when they open their daym door

BlackEp3
09-15-2011, 02:44 AM
hate it wen ppl does that.. that happened to me so many times

EPSpeedKing
09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Hate it when jerks are inconsiderable of other peoples' property. That is why I always park at the end of the parking lot where the lazy people (i.e. people who wait for someone to come out of the spot when there are a whole bunch open spots available)would not park.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
i bought my nhbp perfect condition...now i have like 3 door dings and a scratch/dent on the bottom of the drivers door...

drives me crazy,but I'm just a college student can't afford to fix it

i hate inconsiderate people

hyu
09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm tempted to watch someone do that and see them walk inside the store... I'll just slowly drive my car into theirs at that point

mitchlikesbikes
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
fuckin high school parking lots are the worst for this. i've been careful and lucky so far and try to park next to my not retarded friends, but the way some people park genuinely make me afraid of what they could do to my car. not to mention those badasses in their eclipse doin fuckin 40 through while i'm tryin to back out. i get the most vivid mental picture of somebody blowin through the back of my car:(

/rant

BlackEp3
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
fuckin high school parking lots are the worst for this. i've been careful and lucky so far and try to park next to my not retarded friends, but the way some people park genuinely make me afraid of what they could do to my car. not to mention those badasses in their eclipse doin fuckin 40 through while i'm tryin to back out. i get the most vivid mental picture of somebody blowin through the back of my car:(

/rant
yea most of my damage was from high school days.. got keyed 1 time.. didnt have the money to fix it

civicmatt
09-22-2011, 06:24 PM

X2
I get teased at work because I park so far away from everyone else!

eternal780
09-22-2011, 07:34 PM
X2
I get teased at work because I park so far away from everyone else!

That's why you don't have to worry about people singing your ride.

superchargedk20
09-22-2011, 07:36 PM
its gona happen regardless. If you guys are so worried buy a POS to get u around and leave the ep at home. If not then be prepared for the worse. If ur ep is ur DD then be prepared to get scratches and dings. Just the way it is

civicmatt
09-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Why would anyone get a nice car if it's just going to get dings and dents? I'll probably stop washing my car since it's just going to get dirty again :)