PDA

View Full Version : 100k tune up

Reaper27
09-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I'll be hitting the 100k mark soon (very depressing) but I plan on doing a full, massive tune up on the car. Flushing and swapping everything out. My main question is tho, down the line I plan on doing some major mods to the car such as turbo, etc and I had thought about going ahead and switching out my injectors instead of just cleaning them. If I do would it be possible to go to a bigger CC output with a stock ECU or would it be pointless? What should I switch them out with if possible, I was thinking HKS? Also what all exactly would be included in the 100k tune-up?

AKEP
09-03-2011, 01:41 AM
need kpro to use bigger injectors.

spark plugs. get oem plugs or any equally rated iridium plugs.
air filter.
cabin filter.
valve lash.
check exhaust cam for galling.
valve cover gasket + gasket maker.
clean IACV + TB
flush trans with new honda mtf OR GM syncromesh OR redline MTF OR AMSoil MTF for Honda (they have 2 versions)
flush rad fluid with new fluid (i think its coming up at 120k or 150k but whatever its only 2 gal of 50/50)
flush clutch line
check all your CV boots for tears.
check your motor mounts for cracks, esp the front one.
check ball joints and tie rod ends for cracks.
check brake pads/rotors + flush/bleed brake system
alignment.

start there?

Reaper27
09-03-2011, 06:18 AM
need kpro to use bigger injectors.

spark plugs. get oem plugs or any equally rated iridium plugs.
air filter.
cabin filter.
valve lash.
check exhaust cam for galling.
valve cover gasket + gasket maker.
clean IACV + TB
flush trans with new honda mtf OR GM syncromesh OR redline MTF OR AMSoil MTF for Honda (they have 2 versions)
flush rad fluid with new fluid (i think its coming up at 120k or 150k but whatever its only 2 gal of 50/50)
flush clutch line
check all your CV boots for tears.
check your motor mounts for cracks, esp the front one.
check ball joints and tie rod ends for cracks.
check brake pads/rotors + flush/bleed brake system
alignment.

start there?

Thanks for the info, I got most of that down. I just changed out my spark plugs about 6 months ago for another issue so they're good (put NGK's in), I'm going to upgrade and replace the intake mani and the TB so I don't have to worry about that, also I'm putting in a hondata intake gasket. I have a steel braided clutch line that I'm going to swap in when I flush the tranny and clutch. I still need to get the stuff for my brakes, also going to need new front pads and rotors. I did have a question tho, how do I check the main gaskets in the engine and the cams for galling? Also plan is swap out my engine mounts cause my RH has cracked one of them already.

JaydmEp3
09-04-2011, 10:45 PM
good to kno..still needa change my stuff too...jus hit 100k bout 600miles ago..lol

blueandgoldep3
09-04-2011, 10:51 PM
05' just hitting 75kand ive done all of that already imo all listed was just basic upkeep and maintenance anyway, should be doing alot of that stuff every couple of months anyhow especially if your beating on it

MattG80
09-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I have a few questions?

valve lash: Whats this??

check exhaust cam for galling: How and what is Galling?

clean IACV + TB: What's IACV? and how do you clean both of these?

: Can I do this myself or should I take it some where to get it flushed

flush clutch line: Can I do this myself or should I take it somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help

junevtec
09-09-2011, 08:19 AM
@matt g80 valve lash is=a valve adjustment cam galling is a issue k20a3 motor had where the camshaft lobes wore out on them iacv controls your idle that should be cleaned out with brake parts cleaner and the tb is the throttle body just clean em with brake parts cleaner while they are out of the car. the transmission has gear oil in it witch has to be changed in my opinion with every oil change 1.5 quarts to be exact use honda mtf is the best.

MattG80
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.