PDA

View Full Version : why cant i post a wts/wtt thread?

blueandgoldep3
09-06-2011, 06:44 PM
ive hit the 100 post mark and it still wont let me post and ad?

Tnhatch03
09-06-2011, 07:17 PM
ive hit the 100 post mark and it still wont let me post and ad?

There are several reasons why you cannot post a FS thread.

1.) Post whoring - If posts do not contribute anything to the topic, they will be removed.

2.) If you have 10 posts within 5 minutes of each other, we will then look into most, if not all, of your posts and trim.

3.) Once you hit 100, it takes some time before it gives you access. I think a higher mod will have to give you access.

4.) Creating a thread, such as this, asking how come you cannot post a FS thread will cause a delay because you did not have enough posts yesterday, but you do today.

Tnhatch03
09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
5.) Another reason is creating a thread and making posts seconds afterwards, causing an increase in post count. You can simply edit and update your post.

apexracing
09-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Mary told me that vbulletin also has some permission issues and does not always advance accounts. But your post count says 93. personally i'm not a mod here, but i would like the requirement to go back up to 200 posts. Its simple, they do not want people signing up just to sell. thats what ebay is for.

FoReVaPmP
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Mary told me that vbulletin also has some permission issues and does not always advance accounts. But your post count says 93. personally i'm not a mod here, but i would like the requirement to go back up to 200 posts. Its simple, they do not want people signing up just to sell. thats what ebay is for.

^^:yeahthat:^^

jed_averill
09-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I couldn't open one myself. Though I have over 600 posts. No biggie though since I'm usually the one buying. EP newbie here that's why

WPB EP3
09-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Before the epic server crash a while back i was well over 100 posts and had already made FS threads. I had contributed a writeup as well as one of the first accounts in the boosted compendium thread (originally started by esmith13). Thats gone too, just sayin.

Answer me this..

Why was I never granted the access I once had already earned?

I sent PMs explaining this, and no response. Instead I'm already nearing 100 posts again so thanks a lot. I think thats genuine BS, but its all in the past now. No worries.

apexracing
09-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Before the epic server crash a while back i was well over 100 posts and had already made FS threads. I had contributed a writeup as well as one of the first accounts in the boosted compendium thread (originally started by esmith13). Thats gone too, just sayin.

Answer me this..

Why was I never granted the access I once had already earned?

I sent PMs explaining this, and no response. Instead I'm already nearing 100 posts again so thanks a lot. I think thats genuine BS, but its all in the past now. No worries.

This goes to you and jed. Vbulletin has permissions setup that is supposed to allow accounts to have certain privileges as there post counts go up. But it hasn't always advanced accounts as mary explained it to me. i had almost 300 posts and mine didn't advance. I contacted sinisterscivicsi and she advanced my account for me. The mods and admins here are very patient and very helpful. My suggestion to any one with issues or complaints with account privileges to contact the admins via pm. But as far as the server crash Tnhatch03 said that was the old ephatch and its gone and they cant get it back, so might as well move on. That meant new accounts and new post counts, and probably new rules. Its a fact of life every thing in the tech world is bound to screw up sooner or later. Might as well make the best of what we have now.

FoReVaPmP
09-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Thank you for that.... :msmile: :hat:

**CLOSED**