PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on new clutch

ep3fka
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Hey guys I'm currently trying to decide on which clutch to purchase, I've got an 03 ep with 97,000 miles on the stock clutch, but before it goes out on me I'd like to upgrade. Currently I've got a fujita SRI, Megan driftspec catback and a DCRH on the way, this is still my daily driver so I don't want anything too crazy but I don't want another stock clutch either, anybody have any suggestions on a clutch and flywheel for me? Thanks Mike

blueandgoldep3
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
i personally went with a exedy oem replacement and a F1 chromium light weight flywheel ... havent had any problems yet and it grips like a one handed hooker

BeaterEP
09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Picked up an `05 Type-S Exedy OEM, and mated it to an ITR flywheel. OEM quality, and a bit more fun. :thumbu:

ep3fka
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
If I get the exedy oem replacement do I have to also purchase the flywheel and could someone point my in the right direction?

blueandgoldep3
09-07-2011, 10:58 PM
If I get the exedy oem replacement do I have to also purchase the flywheel and could someone point my in the right direction?
you dont have to purchase the flywheel just gotta figure if the tranny is coming off the motor to do the clutch might as well put a performance flywheel in now so you dont have to pull the tranny off again, you could also keep your stock flywheel depending on what kinda shape its in, at 97,000 miles i would imagine its pretty roughed up depending how bad the clutch it, its possible to resurface it if it isnt destroyed but again... why not just put a performance part in at a good opportunity like this ... im trying to remember the name of the place i ordered it from ... for the clutch and flywheel to me front door for $280

AKEP
09-07-2011, 11:18 PM
need type-s fly for type-s clutch. heard if you use ep fly you wont be able to disengage the clutch completly and will be hard to get into 1st gear, and doing so would make the car roll forward. highly inconvienient and unsafe. you would end up eating up all your synchros and would have a garbage transmission needing basically a full rebuild.

get at least type-s everything + imo a 6 puck sprung clutch.