PDA

View Full Version : Coil over install

KBHatch
09-08-2011, 06:06 PM
So I just bought some race land coil overs and wondering if there are any other things I need when I install these or if I need to replace any stock parts? I have never dropped a car before so just wanna make sure I do it right. Thanks for the help.

G-MaC!
09-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Depending how low you go, you are probably going to need a camber kit. Also, with the Raceland coilovers you need to either re-use or get a new top hat and bearing. I would definitely suggest getting a new bearing, and top hat if it's looking rough.

jed_averill
09-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Top hats and camber kit. You'll need them eventually.

JJay.
09-09-2011, 02:26 PM
What everyone is saying, I am on racelands, needed new top hats and have ingalls camber kit.
Make sure when you install them that everything is tightened up, or a clunking noise might occur

KBHatch
09-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the help, I am gonna be getting a camber kit here in a little bit. I am trying to get like a one finger gap. Anyone know about what thread i should set them it at?

RedSiBaron
09-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Make sure when you install them, to use lots of antiseize on your rear lower bolts, or someday when you go to pull them, they'll be stuck...also more than likely, when you go to remove what's on there now, the rear lower bolts will be stuck.

K20wagon
09-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Make sure when you install them, to use lots of antiseize on your rear lower bolts, or someday when you go to pull them, they'll be stuck...also more than likely, when you go to remove what's on there now, the rear lower bolts will be stuck.

This for sure, me and my buddy was swapping springs and on his rear passenger it was so siezed up it took me 30 mins just to get the bolt out. So ya for sure use some antiseize. Everyone else cleared everything else up for you

G-MaC!
09-19-2011, 04:09 PM
This for sure, me and my buddy was swapping springs and on his rear passenger it was so siezed up it took me 30 mins just to get the bolt out. So ya for sure use some antiseize. Everyone else cleared everything else up for you

+2 for the antisieze.

30 mins? You're lucky man, it took me like a solid week haha.