PDA

View Full Version : suspension comment/question

02TafWhtSi
06-15-2002, 05:39 PM
I would really like to lower the ride height on my new Si but am a little nervous about problems that could pop up in the long run. I don't want anything dramatic - just enough to help cornering and close some of the gap. How strong are the stock struts -I remember reading they are "gas-charged" and "sport-tuned" - will these work well with shorter springs even two years down the road? I am really picky about my cars and want to avoid any headaches in the future. Any comments are appreciated:) !

Mulder
06-16-2002, 12:00 AM
IMO, to improve cornrering you should consider fatter sway bars. The stock struts/shocks are performance dampened and will handle mild lowering springs such as Eibach pro and H&R stage 2, and should stand the test of time. But if I had it over to do again I would change out the struts/shocks with some higher dampened struts/shocks. I used H&R springs and really have no complaints, but a higher dampening rate is welcome.

CywiththeblkSi
12-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Get sport shocks when you get the springs done. The car is softly sprung from the factory and oem shocks are tuned dampen the soft springs. If you stay OEM, the risks are 1) premature wear on your OEM, 2) the "pogo" stick effect where your car bounces up and down slightly and 3)paying labor twice for essentially doing the same job twice. I have Koni's (Eibach springs). There others are available, but don't know a lot about them but I've heard good things on higher end Bilstein and Tokico. If you go Koni, there's 2 different kinds depending on the diameter of your front strut housing.

Peking
12-20-2003, 06:29 PM
CywiththeblkSi, don't know if you noticed. This is an old thread. He got the Mugen suspension.

Civicvtec1ps
12-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Peking
CywiththeblkSi, don't know if you noticed. This is an old thread. He got the Mugen suspension.
And He has s2000 now!
(damn fawaker,I am jelous:) 0