PDA

View Full Version : DC5 TYPE R Brembo Kit

boricua4life
09-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Hello guys just bought a dc5 brembo kit for 500 and came with this....
BREMBO CALIPERS
ROTORS (4 PCS)
HUBS (4 PCS)
ALUMINUM LOWER CONTROL ARMS (2 PCS)
ABS WIRES
E BRAKE CABLE
FRONT BRAKE LINES, REAR BRAKE LINES
TYPE R AXLES (2 PCS)

my question to the experienced guys here is what do i need to fit this on my ep... i also have buddy club racing spec damper can i keep them or do i need to switch them:mcry:.... Help please just bought it since i thought it was a steal!!!!!!!

powdbyrice
09-10-2011, 09:57 PM
wheels with a +60 offset.

boricua4life
09-10-2011, 10:18 PM
wheels with a +60 offset.

i have the 17 ep3 type r wheels....? should work right?

Type_R_Nammer
09-10-2011, 11:23 PM

You will need to roll your fenders and camber your wheels a bot to fit those rims.

boricua4life
09-11-2011, 12:31 AM
ive been reading a lot on this convertion and it seems as if it would be a big pain in the ass and kind of beating a deadhorse... since it would take too much effort to do which i dnt mind but i want the kit in now dammit!:mmad: ugh... decisions decisions:mconfused::mconfused:

powdbyrice
09-12-2011, 01:02 PM

i believe those wheels have an offset of +45, sooo they should sit flush with the fender with the dc5r hubs... not 100% sure though.

gtolio
09-12-2011, 02:36 PM
DC5R spec wheels would be the ideal fitment. Those are +60.

boricua4life
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
UPDATE: I read some threads here and saw the headache some folks had swapping this out so il just not do the thing. i dnt want to get rid of my wheels and suspension.... so returned these and got a JDM Integra DC5 LSD with Bearings Speedo Gear and 4.7 Final Drive with New Bearing:mtongue::mbiggrin: sorry for the useless thread guys:mfrown:

lldiesel386ll
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
the 4.7 fd is already found in our stock 5 speed fyi :thumbu:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6395

boricua4life
09-12-2011, 05:59 PM
its all good i already knew. just got both for 585 shipped with less than 10k miles which i still think is a good price imo:mwink:

powdbyrice
09-12-2011, 09:43 PM
brembos are over rated unless you're going to hit the track.

i'm too lazy to look, but if you have an 02/03, upgrade to the rsx-s 5lug setup and get better pads. cheap upgrade and the offset stays the same. =)

DA9_GSR
09-13-2011, 05:06 AM
my question to the experienced guys here is what do i need to fit this on my ep... i also have buddy club racing spec damper can i keep them or do i need to switch them:mcry:.... Help please just bought it since i thought it was a steal!!!!!!!

I've been wanting to do this myself, and through experience installing on a DC5 base. To install the knuckles, you need the ITR front LCA's. To install the front LCA's you'll need the front DC5 ITR sway bar. With the JDM ITR front sway you'll need the JDM ITR header because your OEM one will hit the bar. To install the JDM header, you'll need to modify or replace the center pipe (DC5 front flange is offset by almost 90 degrees). The 45 offset wheels will be very close to the front fenders. You might need a camber kit and dial in some negative camber.

Due to the big list, I decided to go the "Stoptech" route. Bolts right up, and won't be as complicated to find parts to replace when necessary.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the install.

Ryan

DA9_GSR
09-13-2011, 05:08 AM
I never tried it, but I think the DC5R Brembo's bolt up the OEM EP3 knuckles. You'll need to find S2000 front brake rotors and redrill them to a 4 bolt pattern (or simply install if it's an 04-05 EP3).

boricua4life
09-13-2011, 08:26 AM
thanks guys... i do have the 04-05 ep3. but im just going to go stop-tech and save me all the headache. i have progress front/rear sways also dnt want to get rid of that.

mage182
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
I've been wanting to do this myself, and through experience installing on a DC5 base. To install the knuckles, you need the ITR front LCA's. To install the front LCA's you'll need the front DC5 ITR sway bar. With the JDM ITR front sway you'll need the JDM ITR header because your OEM one will hit the bar. To install the JDM header, you'll need to modify or replace the center pipe (DC5 front flange is offset by almost 90 degrees). The 45 offset wheels will be very close to the front fenders. You might need a camber kit and dial in some negative camber.

Due to the big list, I decided to go the "Stoptech" route. Bolts right up, and won't be as complicated to find parts to replace when necessary.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the install.

Ryan

I have a DC5R sway bar on my EP3 and it doesn't interfere with my USDM header.