PDA

View Full Version : help with my swap

dayronvip
09-16-2011, 11:49 AM
hello i got all my motor apart and i want to built it from bottom to top....can u give me some advise on pistons, rods, cams, valve springs, upgrade brakes, etc....
thank you

blueandgoldep3
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM
you're gramma r bad lol

but other than that you'll definitely find all of the information you are looking for + more if you just skim some of the threads in the section of the forum you posted this thread in... ultimately all of those questions will be answered with your own preference and what you can afford...if your doing all of this to an A3 ... you might just wanna start putting it back together the way it is now lol just my 2 cents

dayronvip
09-16-2011, 12:15 PM
this is a k24a2 i dont like a3s but thanks

EPsode3
09-17-2011, 01:32 AM
what are you building it for daily driver? drag? track? autox? show? ehhhh...all motor? turbo? supercharged? did you want name brands? who to buy from? where to buy from?

i'd say if you wanna build it from bottom up...and make it reliable oem =p other than that...research, research, research

like i tell my buddies... (me) "dude just buy that" (buddy) "why?" (me) "because it costs $1500.00, anything that cost that much should make you faster"

hahaha

Blah1219
09-17-2011, 09:41 AM
you're gramma r bad lol

but other than that you'll definitely find all of the information you are looking for + more if you just skim some of the threads in the section of the forum you posted this thread in... ultimately all of those questions will be answered with your own preference and what you can afford...if your doing all of this to an A3 ... you might just wanna start putting it back together the way it is now lol just my 2 cents

BURRNEDD! hahah and it's not the A3 block that is shitty, it's whats inside it.

hello i got all my motor apart and i want to built it from bottom to top....can u give me some advise on pistons, rods, cams, valve springs, upgrade brakes, etc....
thank you

Depends on your budget and preference and what you will be using it for. IMO I would just replace all the bearings, seals, piston rings, throw some ARP head studs and rod bolts, and call it a day. OEM over aftermarket all day.

dayronvip
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
hey can u guys know how to install a new set of pistons rings?????....i mean the secuence of he rings....
thanks u guys

AKEP
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
top 2 rings are the regular rings and then bottom is oil control ring. hope you have a helms manual to figure this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston_ring