PDA

View Full Version : question

vtecpinoy
07-19-2002, 04:18 PM
does anyone know if they have a TIEN complete coilover system for the new SI yet? and if they don't.. what kinda set-up would you suggest for suspension on these babies. thanx for the help.

dustinhurley
07-19-2002, 05:37 PM
I read somewhere that Tein was coming out with a suspension kit for the Si. Don't know about the release date though. Suggestions depend on what you want. If you want nice stuff that performes well, but may not always provide the best ride, go with something like Tein. I would suggest Tanabe for that application. It comes with a helper spring that is nice to have and the pillow ball mounts are nice too. If you want a great ride, but with increased handling and looks, just buy some lowering springs and some koni's.

DownTheHatch
07-19-2002, 08:35 PM
The SS Damper for the 2001+ Honda Civic (part #DSA22-KUSS2) will also fit
the new Civic Si. It will be release this coming Fall. It will retail for
$1250.

vtecpinoy
07-20-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
I read somewhere that Tein was coming out with a suspension kit for the Si. Don't know about the release date though. Suggestions depend on what you want. If you want nice stuff that performes well, but may not always provide the best ride, go with something like Tein. I would suggest Tanabe for that application. It comes with a helper spring that is nice to have and the pillow ball mounts are nice too. If you want a great ride, but with increased handling and looks, just buy some lowering springs and some koni's.

so they have koni shocks for the SI already. cool beans. thanx for the help.q

vtecpinoy
07-20-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
The SS Damper for the 2001+ Honda Civic (part #DSA22-KUSS2) will also fit
the new Civic Si. It will be release this coming Fall. It will retail for
$1250.

just out of curiousity.. what does the Type R engine cover look like????

dustinhurley
07-20-2002, 08:04 AM
I don't know if they make Koni's for the Si yet. I was just suggesting a set-up.

vtecpinoy
07-22-2002, 10:58 AM
oh. aight. thanx for the help bro.