PDA

View Full Version : Hondata Kpro 3rd generation

hondero69
09-20-2011, 08:23 AM
K-Pro III consists of a hardware modification to certain K-Series ECUs, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors. In addition to all the standard features K-Pro III has the following enhancements:

Twice the on board datalogging memory
Three times the programming speed
8 additional analog inputs for datalogging. Comes with fly lead
Anti-theft security enhancements
On board calibration storage
Availability: Shipping September 14th 2011

Price - From $995 (price excludes ECU)

Upgrades

Any current K-Pro owner may upgrade their old working K-Pro for $250.

K-Pro is available for:

02-04 Acura RSX
02-05 Euro Civic Type R (PRA ECU)
2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD and PRC ECU)
05-06 Acura RSX
2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
2003-2006 Honda Element MT
00-05 S2000
2001-2005 Civic (DX, LX, HX & EX Manual transmission only D17 engine )
Engine swaps
Click here for further details.

Features
Main features:

Fits inside the ECU
Designed and assembled is USA
USB connection for speed and compatibility
KManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
Built in datalogging to a laptop
On board datalogging memory (32 MBit memory, 10-200 minutes datalogging)
Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim and injector dead time compensation
Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
TPS based table lookup for ITBs
Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
Launch control with anti-lag
Knock control
Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
PWM output for boost control by RPM and gear
KManager editing software features:

High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
Injector size fuel trim
Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
Rev limiter with fuel cut
Launch control with anti-lag
Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
Adjustable idle speed
MAP sensor type and calibration
Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
Closed loop control including target lambda
Air and water temperature compensations for fuel & ignition
Gear compensation for fuel & ignition
Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
On board datalogging trigger conditions
Injector phase and coil dwell adjustment
KPro III Enhancements
Twice the on board datalogging memory

Without additional analog inputs the KPro III has twice the datalogging length capability of the previous generation KPro. With analog inputs the datalogging length is approximately the same as the previous generation.

Three times the programming speed

The typical initial upload time has been reduced from over 30 seconds to under 10 seconds. Subsequent uploads are also faster.

8 additional analog inputs for datalogging.

The KPro board has eight 0-5V analog inputs, which can be used for temperature, pressure, wideband, EGT or any other input which provides a 0-5V signal. The analog values are both stored in the KPro and in any datalog made from the KPro, which means that you do not need to change the analog input settings which switching between datalogs from vehicles with different analog inputs.

Anti-theft security enhancements

Similar the the FlashPro, password protected owner information can be stored on the KPro. This results in a KPro which had owner identification which cannot be changed if stolen. Additionally, an upload security password can be used, which and renders the KPro unusable if stolen.

On board calibration storage

Similar to the FlashPro, the uploaded calibration is now stored on the KPro in a form which allows a quick and accurate download from the KPro.

Digital input

For future expansion, a digital serial input is present on the KPro.

Ba82Ep3
09-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Gonna be well worth my $250...

PAPITUYO326
09-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Gonna be well worth my $250...
This

AKEP
09-21-2011, 06:28 AM
What additions/features do you guys like in particular?
What in this package makes you want to spend $250?
To you, are these features worth $250 more for what you had originally paid for?

the only thing i see this far that i like are anti-theft and faster upload times, and maybe the safer downloads.
for me, not exactly something i feel excited to spend $250 on...

RHCP0801
09-21-2011, 07:14 AM
I agree, don't see the need to upgrade and spend $250

Ba82Ep3
09-21-2011, 08:30 AM
There are a bunch of things in that list i find important, but since im a long time Honda/k series enthusiast this one stands out the most:

Digital input

For future expansion, a digital serial input is present on the KPro.

To me that is worth the $250 tag alone. Im not the type of person to let someone else work on my car OR tune it. I USE my KPro, and often tune on the weekends. I change my setups. I try new things. I wanna do that for as long as i can.

For the person that has KPro, drops in a startup KAL and calls it a day or has someone else tune for them... this feature or many of the others would seem unimportant. JMO.

RHCP0801
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
yea that makes sense, if you tune your own car and make adjustments often than I can see why you would want to upgrade, but I got my car tuned and haven't touched it since so there is really no need for people like me to upgrade. I do like how they keep improving their products though.

Ba82Ep3
09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Definitely an attraction for Hondata. The fact they continue to develop their product makes me a happy consumer. : )

ep3allstar
09-28-2011, 08:07 AM
the only thing that upsets me is Anti-theft security enhancements i think we should get that for free we already paid 1000 for it but thats just what im thinking

Ba82Ep3
09-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I agree, but i dont think Hondata expected a KPro'd ECU to become such a sought after item on the streets. Remember... KPro is 'intended for offroad use' only. Yes its a disclaimer for many reasons, but if its original intent was for 'track use' then security in your average apartment parking lot wasnt a priority.

ep3allstar
09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
I agree, but i dont think Hondata expected a KPro'd ECU to become such a sought after item on the streets. Remember... KPro is 'intended for offroad use' only. Yes its a disclaimer for many reasons, but if its original intent was for 'track use' then security in your average apartment parking lot wasnt a priority.

yes that makes sense though im just happy everyone who rolls up next to me thinks im slow:) i get that look like its just an a3 so i smile and keep driving i do not mind at all

hondero69
09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
is good to keep up with this kind of upgrade if you need to modify your car beyond what I see .. against is having to resend your ecu and be without a car several days..Hondata should have more workshops available through the country so that the wait is less