PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam use for intake carbon/vacuum line

turkish
09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I want to clean carbon build-up in my intake manifold with some seafoam. Which vacuum line should i use? Will the brake booster line suffice?

si.hatch
09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I've been kinda wondering if anyone else has used this, I've been thinking about doing this

As for the line, not currently looking at the engine, it'll be a larger one going from the brake booster to the IM

atashashane
11-15-2011, 07:20 PM
I want to clean carbon build-up in my intake manifold with some seafoam. Which vacuum line should i use? Will the brake booster line suffice?

The most common application is to allow people to put it in 1 / 3 and can be, which is 12 fl. oz I think, the 4th fl. ounces in a vacuum brake booster line. another third is the oil of the crankcase, and then the final third comes from the fuel tank.

Then you can take your car to a main drive to a place of oil change ..... lol - be sure to cruise on around 3-5k RPM so that the foam of the sea can work through the engine, push-buttons, etc.

and check the site of the sea foam etc, they recommend an oil change shortly after using sea foam in the crankcase oil - because it clears the oil lubrication and .... of course, eliminates the construction, dirt, etc. in the oil - if you do not want to drive 75 miles after running sea foam through your case.

The safest way for a beginner would be to add it to your tank, 1 ounce per gallon of gasoline. And the basic way on how to clean a fuel system.