PDA

View Full Version : what wing to get?

Aklass
09-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Im getting tired of the stock wing on my ep3, im reading around and know that the ctr wing doesn't fit our cars. I also don't want to get a ctr replica because I don't trust the chinese leds in those things because once they go you're screwedand honda doesn't sell the hfp wing anymore I think... so what's a wing that looks good on a stock ep3 and utilizes the stock brake light? Also im considering getting a 1" drop in the future on eibach pros and bilsteins if that helps you pick one out for me. Thanks

gtolio
09-26-2011, 02:48 PM
HFP in stock, comes painted. Scroll about 1/2 way down.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html

jed_averill
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Mugen doesn't appeal you?

RHDmeatwagon
09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
What color is your car?
Iv'e had hfp wing. And now the carbon fiber mugen replica wing. Depends on what look your going for man

Aklass
09-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Its blue.. I believe honda calls it vivid blue pearl?

krod
10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
i have the buddy club but like the mugen or hfp wing as well.

SmoothEPs
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I used to also sport a HFP wing, it was great. Now I currently sport a carbon fiber Mugen-style by Seibon. The Seibon wing has decent fitment, for either wing, you would need velcro or double-sided tape for the areas that covers the hatch glass.

DRP967
10-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Im getting tired of the stock wing on my ep3, im reading around and know that the ctr wing doesn't fit our cars. I also don't want to get a ctr replica because I don't trust the chinese leds in those things because once they go you're screwedand honda doesn't sell the hfp wing anymore I think... so what's a wing that looks good on a stock ep3 and utilizes the stock brake light? Also im considering getting a 1" drop in the future on eibach pros and bilsteins if that helps you pick one out for me. Thanks

Depends on your preference...

If you want conservative and simple:

1. CTR style wing, go for a reputable brand such as VIS or Seibon. Fitment and quality is excellent. And yes they have a brake light on em.

If you want aggressive and distinct:

1. Mugen style wing. Its pretty hefty in size, pokes out more, and is adjustable in regards to tail angle. If I am not mistaken this style does not have a 3rd brake light and you will have to use your OEM 3rd brake light.

Another option is the Buddy Club style wing, its CTR ish style with "batman esque" flair. Its more aggresive looking than the CTR yet not as poky/big as the Mugen style.

P.S. If you decide on the Buddy Club, get the replica. Authentic one wont fit the USDM ep3 unless you do some shaving to the wing. Same goes for authentic CTR wings, they wont fit without modification.

el_puncho
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Depends on your preference...

If you want conservative and simple:

1. CTR style wing, go for a reputable brand such as VIS or Seibon. Fitment and quality is excellent. And yes they have a brake light on em.

If you want aggressive and distinct:

1. Mugen style wing. Its pretty hefty in size, pokes out more, and is adjustable in regards to tail angle. If I am not mistaken this style does not have a 3rd brake light and you will have to use your OEM 3rd brake light.

Another option is the Buddy Club style wing, its CTR ish style with "batman esque" flair. Its more aggresive looking than the CTR yet not as poky/big as the Mugen style.

P.S. If you decide on the Buddy Club, get the replica. Authentic one wont fit the USDM ep3 unless you do some shaving to the wing. Same goes for authentic CTR wings, they wont fit without modification.

What vendors/stores/retailers/wholesellers offer the buddy club replicas? I'm very interested in picking one of these up.

Blah1219
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Speedstar-racing = supposively authentic
Showstoppersusa = replica

b_ron
10-15-2011, 05:15 PM
can anyone post any pictures of the mugen wing on their car?
it looks bad on some cars from what i've seen

DRP967
10-16-2011, 10:53 AM
can anyone post any pictures of the mugen wing on their car?
it looks bad on some cars from what i've seen

Not my cars but here you go, hope this helps:

http://www.risingsunperformance.nl/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_308_2.jpg

http://tunerzine.com/coverage/194/images/_MG_3379.jpg

http://juiceboxforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ssl58.jpg
^more of a front/side view to showcase the wing's prominence