PDA

View Full Version : A-spec alignment question

newep
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
So this weekend I installed the A-spec strut kit. Rear type R sway bar, rear upper strut brace, front lower type-s steering/apron brace,D3 lower 2x brace.
And today it went in for an alignment. I gave the Tech the specs I found a bunch of people using as a daily driver.
Front camber -1'.0
toe 0.0
caster -1'.35 + 1'
Rear camber -0.5
toe 0.0
caster n/a

When i went to pick up the car the tech said he couldnt quite get the spec's ive asked for due to the rear drivers camber plate being seized as well as the neg front camber I had asked for, unless I had camber bolts and adjustable rear upper arms.

He managed to get the car to this:
L R
Front camber -0.3 -0.4
caster -1.0 -1.25
toe 0.0 0.0
Rear camber -1.8 -1.8
toe 0.5 0.0

Is the stock suspension able to meet those specs or Should I be looking into getting camber bolts and adjustable rear arms in order to align the car better?
Is my current alignment fine for a daily driver?

Oh ya, the car feels amazing right now- much, much more fun to drive.

PREJDMLUDE
09-27-2011, 12:03 AM
If you are not lowered you don't need the camber bolts or arm. But it would help a little getting towards the specs that u want. Is your current alignment fine for daily driving those specs should be fine. What size rims you running also; On a different subject if you ever decide to get rid of that D3 brace hit me up...

newep
09-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks PREJDMLUDE,
I'm running the stock 16' rims with 235/50/16 tires.
The A-spec suspension does lower the car, .75 of an inch. That little of a drop shouldn't affect anything should it?

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-27-2011, 11:11 PM
the front is fine for a daily driver...

if it were me i'd get rear camber arms and fix that rear camber
put it at somewhere closer to 0 or -0.5

i have aspec on my car and thats how i have it.

-1 in the front
and -0.5 in the rear

although i think im gonna set my front closer to zero next time to avoid uneven tirewear