PDA

View Full Version : looking for a 1" drop

Aklass
09-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Im considering a 1" drop using the eibach pro springs, I wanted to use bilsteins but it seems they aren't valved for our cars. and I dont want to deal with modifying stuff like A SPEC or Konis. So whats a good strut/shock to use?

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-27-2011, 11:14 PM
aspec really didnt take much effort...i actually find it the best option because it keeps oem quality
and while you're at it your changing out the tie rod ends to better beefier ones

if you're not willing to do koni's either...idk what else to tell you lol

PatrickJamesYu
09-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Haha Bilsteins are the way to go
If not, it's all about Koni's.

I'm on Koni's and took minimal work.
Neo is definitely right about aspec. that's a great way to go.
good street performance, and oem quality all the way around.

Tokico d-spec? I think they're adjustable

If you're worried about it not being valved for our car, than you shouldn't worry about having to mod.
But if you're worried about valving, just stick to stock shocks? haha

Aklass
09-28-2011, 06:27 AM
the way i see it is that if you're paying $800 for bilsteins they should revalve them for you, but no you have to pay an extra $65 each to have them revalved. and for that price I'm pretty sure there are better struts out there. Im also considering KYB AGX or Tokico sturts, but i question the reliability of those

.colin
09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
why not just get the HFP or Mugen pre-built setup?

blueandgoldep3
09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
the way i see it is that if you're paying $800 for bilsteins they should revalve them for you, but no you have to pay an extra $65 each to have them revalved. and for that price I'm pretty sure there are better struts out there. Im also considering KYB AGX or Tokico sturts, but i question the reliability of those
the tokico blues are a great strut that provide oem quality performance, if youre not looking for serious performance and just need a quality oe style replacement then imo tokicos are they way to go , theyve been around forever and are reliable , my friend sits on tokicos with eiback springs and he loves his set up

Aklass
09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
why not just get the HFP or Mugen pre-built setup?

I prefer not to buy used items because you dont know what the last owner did.. and goodluck finding one

WPB EP3
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
The D-specs are a nice option with infinitely adjustable dampening. I have em paired with eibach pro-kit.