PDA

View Full Version : New taffeta white paint help

getfreshcrue
09-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey guys i just painted my bumper and right fender taffeta white and I could notice a little color difference with the more aged body parts what do you guys suggest? Wet sand? Buffer? The fender also doesn't have that shiny soft feel. How long should I wait till I do any of this I just got it painted yesterday for like 180 both parts

hyu
09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
You shoulda told them to blend the fender =/. Honestly I have no idea how to fix that discoloration. Buffing and wet sanding might work but then again if you aren't 100% sure of what you are doing you could be doing more harm than good.

RHDmeatwagon
09-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Thats dirt cheap imo. So i'm sure the paint job has some orange peel or isnt corrected to 100% no big deal thouhg. But DEFINITELY do not buff it yet. That paint is brand new. ANd if you aren't experienced at all in that department I would consult someone who does. Honestly I'd say at least 3 weeks- 1 month. Just to play it safe.

As far as the paint discolor... You car is an 02-03 that paint has almost seen ten years of the environment. Thats the one shitty thing about white paint. It usually doesnt match perfectly :/ ANd not much you can do besides blend/respray.

ep3k20
05-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Thats dirt cheap imo. So i'm sure the paint job has some orange peel or isnt corrected to 100% no big deal thouhg. But DEFINITELY do not buff it yet. That paint is brand new. ANd if you aren't experienced at all in that department I would consult someone who does. Honestly I'd say at least 3 weeks- 1 month. Just to play it safe.

As far as the paint discolor... You car is an 02-03 that paint has almost seen ten years of the environment. Thats the one shitty thing about white paint. It usually doesnt match perfectly :/ ANd not much you can do besides blend/respray.

Actually not true. You can wet sand and buff usually 48 hrs after clear has cured. This is recommended because the longer you wait the harder the clear begins to get which makes it easier to burn thru because its so hard to work with at that point. Do you know if they used a poly clear?

Waldo129
05-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Actually not true. You can wet sand and buff usually 48 hrs after clear has cured. This is recommended because the longer you wait the harder the clear begins to get which makes it easier to burn thru because its so hard to work with at that point. Do you know if they used a poly clear?

True that. Used to work at a Honda Collision Center and they would spray one day, wet sand, buff and put together the next! Sooner the better