PDA

View Full Version : Ebay fogs blowing fuses and bulbs.

Danielsle
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
So I tried installing my ebay fogs last night and I got everything set. Tried turning them on and my fuse to the side markers and rear lights blew out. Replaced it, tried it again. No fog lights working but blew the fuse again. I tried it one more time after checking all the wires, and blew not only the fuse again, but now the right half of my speedometer and the center console lights dont light up anymore. Are the bulbs blown? I checked every fuse and they're okay. Not sure what the problem is.

lilben94
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
we set it up exactly like mine, but i didnt have any problems

Danielsle
09-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Well if I want to check the bulbs in the cluster... I have to pull the cluster out and take it apart? I dont have an idea how to check the bulbs for the center console though.

Blah1219
09-29-2011, 01:00 PM
That's one reason I don't want fogs. Damn that sucks!

gamma6
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Id run thru the fuses one more time, and check ALL of them! Same thing happened to me when i installed my ebay fogs and it blew a fuse and my cluster lights and center dash bulbs wouldnt work anymore, i checked my fuses and i must have missed one but after replacing it, it worked again... Now as far as wiring id wire them like this!!!
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?47728-Fog-Light-Harness-Switch
after replacing the blown fuse and wiring up like above they worked like a charm, most of the stuff listed isnt needed since the kit comes with everything (crappy switch, wires, relay, and fogs) i just re used everything
this way they are independent from the ep's wiring and if u blow a fuse it wont hurt ur lights, center console lights, nor cluster, etc.
they come on when u want and u just have to remember to turn them off...

Danielsle
09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Id run thru the fuses one more time, and check ALL of them! Same thing happened to me when i installed my ebay fogs and it blew a fuse and my cluster lights and center dash bulbs wouldnt work anymore, i checked my fuses and i must have missed one but after replacing it, it worked again... Now as far as wiring id wire them like this!!!
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?47728-Fog-Light-Harness-Switch
after replacing the blown fuse and wiring up like above they worked like a charm, most of the stuff listed isnt needed since the kit comes with everything (crappy switch, wires, relay, and fogs) i just re used everything
this way they are independent from the ep's wiring and if u blow a fuse it wont hurt ur lights, center console lights, nor cluster, etc.
they come on when u want and u just have to remember to turn them off...

I'm not a very good electrical kind of guy. I can't read charts and diagrams. But I'll try haha. Thank you for the information. I guess it doesnt hurt to recheck the fuses again. I think I'm just going to replace every fuse with a new one.

gamma6
09-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Its very straight forward... but since u probably have it installed it might be slightly difficult...the only thing that changes is instead of running that single wire into the box under the dash, u run it back to the battery with a fuse in line... ill snap some pics and make a diy for ebay fogs, i still have the same wires that came with the kit so maybe they will match...