PDA

View Full Version : Coilover symptom

Moose
01-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I recently had a shop install a set of Tein Type Flex coilovers on my '02 Si. From the first mile, I've been experiencing a "swishing" sound from all four corners as I go over bumps and dips; every compression and rebound tends to induce this sound. Is this noise typical of full coilover systems? I've tested different damping settings and the noise remains. Is there a break-in period for these struts or what? Do I need to modify the spring rating? Help!

Any input from experienced individuals is appreciated.

p.s. Don't ask if the car is rubbing the fenders; it's not.

goldy02
01-01-2003, 10:49 PM
thats really shitty to hear because i ordered mine from george the other day i hope their not gonna be the same,

hopefully their is a break in period

call tein and ask them they should know

Moose
01-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Goldy, I know the coilovers were mint and in the unopened box... I'm concerned about the installation process. Let me know how your setup works and I'll let you know if Tein tells me anything worthy of noting. I've called them repeatedly during the past week and it appears that they've taken a long holiday.

Happy New Year and keep in touch.

The following link is what Tein has available as an installation manual; the box comes only with Japanese text:

http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/6a12u.pdf

goldy02
01-01-2003, 11:07 PM
moose,

the guys at tein never work its a miracle to get in touch with them good luck,

other than that do they ride good

yomamaInMySi
01-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Actually I get a little bit of noise from my set (B&G full body coilover), and I think this might be normal. I had of set of coilover on my M3 and they made some noise. While the type flex is design for the 02+ Si, keep in mind that the car is not design for coilovers, so every time you alter some thing in the car, it might not work to your expectations. However do make sure that all of the bolts are tight (don't over do it). If some one else tells you that they have the same set up in their Si and it does not make a noise, keep in mind that not all cars are the same.