PDA

View Full Version : hoods

team ERA 5
01-01-2003, 10:52 PM
is it my hood or are all hooDs for our EP hard to shut...I HAVE TO RAISE IT LIKE HALF WAY THEN LET IT GO!!!...I FEEL SORRY FOR MY HOOD I NEVER LIKE RAISING IT TOO HIGH TO SHUT IT I HAVE NO choice ARE ALL UR HOODS LIKE THAT?

gtaSiR
01-01-2003, 11:02 PM
I believe all our hoods are like that.
It's because they're so small and light compared to most other hoods.

Yeah, I hate dropping my hood too.

redronin22
01-02-2003, 12:33 AM
u can always use hood pins right?

william
01-02-2003, 12:42 AM
It's tough love brother, make sure she's closed, because having it open up while your on the freeway hurts your ep allot more than dropping the hood a couple of times. Mines the same, maybe try greasing your hood hing a bit, might help.

chakra71
01-02-2003, 02:31 AM
yeah the hoods are hard to shut, but it seems to actually form a good seal between the hood and the body of the car. if i can avoid it i never let anyone else try to shut my hood (or open it for that matter). had one kid at the track try to shut it and put his big greasy hand on my freshly washed/waxed paint. grr felt like slapping his punk ass.

SpeedRacer
01-02-2003, 07:32 AM
i guess there kinda hard to close just use some elbow greese you should be ok

RiCeCoOkEr1280
01-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Mine was like that for the first month. Now, I could drop the hood until it locks and press down hard on the area where the latch is located. I feel much better doing it that way as opposed to dropping it from shoulder height.