PDA

View Full Version : Honda/Acura OEM wheel lock key replacement

Andrew
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
So long story short I was changing my oil and tightening the wheel lock with the key and the pattern on the key snaps off. I was amazed that it broke, but then I think it's been under a lot of pressure by the tire shops using the air gun on it recently. Therefore I need a replacement and I was wondering if they sell the keys separate?

usedep3
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
yeah they do. there are only a handful of keys. i believe there are only 10-15 distinct 5 point and 6 point lock/key combos.

T_Virus
10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
andrew, doesn't mike buen or soemthing like that works at the honda dealership at automall? Maybe he can get you a discount? lol...

Andrew
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
yeah they do. there are only a handful of keys. i believe there are only 10-15 distinct 5 point and 6 point lock/key combos.

thank you for the info. do you know if they can easily get a hold of the keys? ill need one asap for safety issues.

andrew, doesn't mike buen or soemthing like that works at the honda dealership at automall? Maybe he can get you a discount? lol...

i am not sure who mike buen is? never seen him in person only a few posts. thanks anyways T

usedep3
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
they have a master set at the dealership. they can get you a replacement key. as far as them being readily available, that's unlikely

Andrew
10-05-2011, 07:58 PM
they have a master set at the dealership. they can get you a replacement key. as far as them being readily available, that's unlikely

lol thank you for being honest. gotta love it! now i know what to expect