PDA

View Full Version : 05 EP3 violated today at the mall. (body parts stolen)

DRP967
10-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a 2005 nighthawk black ep. Today at the mall my CTR style cf front lip was stolen along with my oem mudguards and sideskirts. They successfully stole the lip and muddies but the passenger sideskirt was broken 1/3 of the way towards the rear. Driver's side was taken off cleanly. Since as mentioned my car is a 05, (sideskirts come standard) I am left with these squarish holes in the body. I was thinking of plugging the holes for now and since my car is black, it shouldnt be too obvious as say a silver/white/blue/etc. color. Maybe body work down the road but as of now this seems the easiest/cheapest/convenient option. You guys think this will look ghetto? Or on a black car its more forgivable? I just dont have the funds right now for new skirts and not sure if I even wanna run sideskirts/lips/etc. anyways now after this incident.

P.S. For those who know body work, whats the best way to plug the holes? I dont wanna use bondo.

*Updated with picture, not much to see and posting this makes me feel like poo but here:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6111/6228524654_e6e06469ab_b.jpg

Excuse the quality, shot was taken from my phone.

02TWSI
10-09-2011, 03:15 PM
You need to stop hanging out in the ghetto man.

DRP967
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
You need to stop hanging out in the ghetto man.

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/okAbSSlTxMpAXFIZo1oTCw/l.jpg

Nowhere near ghetto was this place. Happened at the Stanford shopping center in Palo Alto. This city has pretty decent/upperclass people, not like I was at the mall in Hayward/Oakland. Not surprised this happened since it makes sense for thieves to frequent the nicer areas for parts/cars/etc.

27rocks
10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
That sucks man.
But i've said it before and i'll say it again, I can't wait to get rid of this car. I'm so over all these fucking little bitch thieve kids and their ricer dreams. God only help the little fuckers if i roll up on them doing something to my car.
You can't have anything nice anymore these days cause theres always a hater out there jealous of your shit.

boricua4life
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
sorry to hear that man. that sucks hopefully your insurance can get involved and give you something...

02TWSI
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
You can't own a Honda period anymore these days, from daily driver 91 accords to s2000 they will steal them all.

powdbyrice
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM
damn stanford students!!!

seriously, that sux.

whatsvtec
10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Do you have comprehensive? I'd make a call to the police and insurance company. Sorry for the loss man! Thieves deserve to burn slow.

DRP967
10-09-2011, 05:24 PM
That sucks man.
But i've said it before and i'll say it again, I can't wait to get rid of this car. I'm so over all these fucking little bitch thieve kids and their ricer dreams. God only help the little fuckers if i roll up on them doing something to my car.
You can't have anything nice anymore these days cause theres always a hater out there jealous of your shit.

sorry to hear that man. that sucks hopefully your insurance can get involved and give you something...

You can't own a Honda period anymore these days, from daily driver 91 accords to s2000 they will steal them all.

damn stanford students!!!

seriously, that sux.

Thanks for the condolences guys. I always heard about lips getting stolen...after all just a couple of screws on each side and bam lip is off. It just hits home real hard when you become the victim, that lip cost me $300+ and the oem mudguards and what not, some people are just rotten. I am thankful nothing else was taken ie my wing and my car wasnt broken into, gotta look for some positive in this crap situation.

DRP967
10-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Do you have comprehensive? I'd make a call to the police and insurance company. Sorry for the loss man! Thieves deserve to burn slow.

Thanks man, I have full coverage.
Maybe its just my current feeling but I just wanna plug the holes and not care anymore. I love the car but I just dont know...I feel like I wanna sell the car and be out of a Honda and whole stigma that accompanies it along with the shady/thief crowd but I cant get rid of her just yet. 6+ years and she has been good to me, even to this day I still feel good when I get inside the ep. Its been love/hate relationship but ultimately in the end its love.

DRP967
10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
That sucks man.

Yeah so damn true. :(

Just recently my neighbor who purchased a white CRZ had her passenger side keyed in a text that read "vtak yo". Happened at a mall as well. Bear in mind she is 55 and super friendly and drives defensively/competently. Shes not the type to make enemies/piss people off.

widebodyeg
10-09-2011, 10:07 PM
sux man, sorry that happened to you

carrito
10-10-2011, 12:28 AM
OMG!!! damn bastards!!!!!

PatrickJamesYu
10-10-2011, 02:10 AM
this is one of the several reason I hate "car people".
And I don't mean everyone. Many of you ephatcher's and other's in this community I like very much, but there's so many that I can't stand.

It's just no respect, and it's full of haters, and immature children.
How lame can you be that you steal parts off of someone's personal car.
I mean, it's apart of you, your life, your home.
It's like someone taking the battery cover off your cell phone, a tree from your front yard, or the a shoelace off your shoes.

And what's even tight about rocking a stolen item?

It'd be a total bummer if it was a fellow ephatcher stealing your stuff to rock on their own.
Just lame.

What happened to brotherhood and community? hah.

Goodluck with your car.

blueandgoldep3
10-10-2011, 02:23 AM
And I don't mean everyone. Many of you ephatcher's and other's in this community I like very much, but there's so many that I can't stand.

It's like someone taking the battery cover off your cell phone, a tree from your front yard, or the a shoelace off your shoes.

It'd be a total bummer if it was a fellow ephatcher stealing your stuff to rock on their own.
Just lame.

Goodluck with your car.

this + youre taking this pretty well id pretty much furious

bizzle
10-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Total bullshit. I don't get why people do this shit.

There is a guy on hondatech now selling a bubble with all the windows smashed out just because someone decided to vandalize it.

hyu
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Just lame.

Goodluck with your car.
This... But sadly as our cars depreciate more and more people have access and buy them making them potential thieve magnets.

sippyyy
10-10-2011, 10:46 AM
never moving to cali. or new york. or florida. seems like everything gets fucked up in those states.

hyu
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Search "stolen honda" on Orlandoforums and you'll see why mine never sleeps outside

charles
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
ouch sucks man.

ttttrigg3r
10-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry about your loss. Kinda off topic, but don't malls have security cams? I always thought parking in a mall or wal-mart lot was pretty safe.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Sorry about your loss. Kinda off topic, but don't malls have security cams? I always thought parking in a mall or wal-mart lot was pretty safe.

yeah...id ask for the security tapes and what not..

BUT WTF
i'd be pissed off if i came out and my sideskirts were missing. i have a nhbp as well i'd be pissed off

i feel you man. i hate thieves

PatrickJamesYu
10-10-2011, 12:34 PM

I would think so, but those 2 places are actually the places I dislike parking the most haha
I feel it's so busy, and it's easier for a break-in or theft to happen, unnoticed.

02TWSI
10-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Lol@ Walmart being safe.

powdbyrice
10-10-2011, 12:56 PM
just rock it without the skirts.

pop the clips out.

VividSI
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM
I would just get new oem sides cause they come painted, they arent cheap so you may have to make an insurance claim and get the mud guards and everything installed by a pro. you will probably see an 02-03 ep that didnt have that stuff originally now equipped. keep an eye out.

T_Virus
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time your car got parts stolen at a mall?

DRP967
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time your car got parts stolen at a mall?

2nd time at a mall, various instances at Target/Costco/Toy-R-Us parking lots typicall bumper lenses, S2K antenna, sidemarkers, emblems.

PatrickJamesYu
10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
It's crazy that people "regularly" do this.
That people will scout cars with aftermarket parts, that they potentially see as "profit".

I mean people actually do this as 'business'
Like it's their job, and it's how they support there current living, or at least their car.
I mean is it worth the risks?

They need to get a freaking job.
it's not THAT hard to find a job right now, it's only hard when you don't want to settle.
But stealing for profit is terrible.

I mean, it's not worth the risks of fines, penalties, and other charges.
There generally isn't any health benefits :P
and potentially jail time.
And a absolutely ruined record.

I mean sure, there's no taxes, and there's no paper trail
But that's not anywhere near enough of a benefit for a person to "become" a thief.

Sorry, I'm kinda venting.
I've had so many tools and music gear stolen, that this is a serious topic for me

Goodluck!

sleepy ep3
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Unbelievable. I'd just buy new skirts. Just to show them you're a baller and they are trash. This is why I don't buy the oem stuff. Either people steal it, or you fawk it up bumping into a curb, etc.

1st
10-11-2011, 07:47 PM
My condolence goes out to you and your EP3.

doubledouble
10-11-2011, 09:08 PM
'One man should never mess with another mans vehicle. You just don't do it. It'll almost be worth the catch the fucker doing, just so you'd catch the fucker'.

:pulpfictiongif:

Sucks man, sorry to hear.