PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs

bpaverill
10-10-2011, 09:01 PM
i was looking at lowering springs and i was wondering about skunk2's springs. any feedback?

PatrickJamesYu
10-10-2011, 09:19 PM
they sag hard in the rear.

If I'm correct, they are not 02-05 Civic SI ep3 specific.
They are for 01-05 Civic em2.

Though the fitment is compatible
the spring rates are not designed for our cars.

I'd look into Progress or another promising brand.

02TWSI
10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
If you're going for slammed on springs the best ones are H&R, I had eibach pro kit springs on mine and still had wheel gap and was often referred to as 4x4 compared to people dumped on coils....

AKEP
10-10-2011, 10:35 PM
tein s-tech's give a very proportional drop, how the car should be from factory imo.

H&R and progress RACE springs for slammed look.

makavelibranded
10-10-2011, 11:11 PM
i was looking at lowering springs and i was wondering about skunk2's springs. any feedback?

I agree with patrick and akep, skunk 2 hasint really given are cars much for suspension. I had tein s techs and they were great, and progress is a great brand too, they also have good spring rates for the ep.

Andrew
10-11-2011, 12:06 AM
i dont recommend skunk2 lowering springs. the reviews on the ride height sagging and comfort are on an all time low in my book. i ran H&R race springs (2.25-2.5) drop and it was slammed enough for my needs, but they were paired with a set of stock shocks so the ride sucked. i wonder what it could have rode like if i paired it with a set of shocks, but oh well. now i've heard excellent reviews about progress springs paired with a nice set of shocks since it is closest to ctr specs which is like a 2.0-2.25 drop. all in all if you change your mind or budget i say go with a used set of coilovers with the staight arm design if you want a low drop. i rode on megans for awhile then upgraded to bc racing type br coilovers now and the ride is comfortable as hell and i'm almost maxed out on the ride height.

cliffs:
1) skunk 2 springs = DONT DO
2) H&R race springs are an excellent drop, but pair them with an aftermarket shock
3) progress is an excellent lowering spring, also pair with an aftermarket shock
4) all in all f*ck the bull shat and get a set of coilovers such as: tein basics, f&f2s, megans w/ straight arms, bc racing type br, or EVEN d2 coilovers and also k sports

bpaverill
10-13-2011, 10:14 PM
thanks guys

Popeye
10-14-2011, 07:07 AM
The Tein S-Techs and Progress springs are pretty close as far as spring rates go. (I think the ride height is about the same as well.) Both companies did their homework and actually have near perfect spring rates. On both sets, the front are the same rate, and the rears are only a few pounds off.
If you like a slammed look, then springs like the H&R's would be cool. I had a set on a '94 Accord. They rode great with some KYB's. I'm not much for slamming cars any more. I am more concerned with performance than looks. Hell, as long as it made it handle as good as it possibly could, I wouldnt care if they RAISED my car. lol

Calvinep3
10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Progress springs are probably the best springs made for our cars. Perfect drop and the right spring rates. I had them on my car for about 20k miles until I got a good deal on coilovers. As a matter a fact I still have them shoot me a pm

G-MaC!
10-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I would seriously stay away from lowering springs if you can, and especially avoid Junk2 unless you like saggy rear ends. Coilovers ftw.

Calvinep3
10-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Nothing wrong with lowering springs. Paired with good shocks and they are better than some coilovers. I would still be rolling on my progress springs if it wasn't for a sweet deal I got on some megans. Yea I know megans are not the best but you just couldn't beat the price.