PDA

View Full Version : Autotech/Wavetrac LSD warranty

Rictorious88
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey all, I tried emailing corsportUSA and Autotech/Wavetrac with questions about their limited slip differential and still
have not received a reply. I am trying to figure out what their Limited LIFETIME Warranty entails exactly. Is it the same as quaife's warranty?

usedep3
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
just give autotech a call. i don't know what quaife's costumer service is like. but autotech's customer service is phenomenal. i had an issue in sept last year and they went above an beyond. even with me living on the other side of the country. i dealt with someone named michael mcgibbon.

are you having an issue with your axles getting stuck inside the diff?

Tnhatch03
10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
use the phone...

may get quicker responses.

RotaryGreg
10-19-2011, 04:31 AM
I had sent them an email with a few questions when i was shopping for an LSD and they took well over 2 weeks to respond. I didnt want to call because i was just sort of shopping around at that point and i hate paying long distance charges if i dont have to. When i did get a response it felt like they just skimmed over my email and only vaguely answered a few of the questions with info that is plastered all over their website.

I wasnt impressed with that so i wouldnt buy from them. The video they are so proud of with that BMW on a jack stand just didnt look very impressive to me. If the wave worked as well as they said it did i would expect a less violent engagement. In fact, I'd be suprised if a normal helical LSD with a little brake pressure didnt perform better than their product in their demonstration...

I really like MFactorys customer service. They answer your questions with great detail very quickly and show a genuine interest in your needs. That being said, i ended up not getting their product either. I was about a day away from placing my order when a brand new OEM LSD appeared for a wicked deal and i just couldnt pass it up. But I would definitly have gotten the MFactory if that didnt happen. In fact, if i ever manage to turn my ep3 into the real rally car that im dreaming of, i'll be ordering a plated LSD from them for sure.

Siborg
10-19-2011, 05:08 AM
They have killer customer service! I had the same issue, the very first batch they made had a circlip that was slightly off which wouldn't release the axle..... They completely took care of me.Even though the process to get it back to them was a bitch, totally satisfied!

usedep3
10-19-2011, 07:46 AM
They have killer customer service! I had the same issue, the very first batch they made had a circlip that was slightly off which wouldn't release the axle..... They completely took care of me.Even though the process to get it back to them was a bitch, totally satisfied!

this. that damn c clip. they next day air'ed the entire tranny case with diff and axle to and from their shop in cali. it prob cost and arm and a leg. i was impressed that they were willing to do that without me having to do much convincing/bitching. the guys at autotech are stand up guys

M factory is pretty great too. up until a few months ago, they had an insane deal on their gear type lsd

Rictorious88
10-19-2011, 08:25 AM
use the phone...

may get quicker responses.

just give autotech a call. i don't know what quaife's costumer service is like. but autotech's customer service is phenomenal. i had an issue in sept last year and they went above an beyond. even with me living on the other side of the country. i dealt with someone named michael mcgibbon.

are you having an issue with your axles getting stuck inside the diff?
Well I was trying to get something in words so if anything happens I wouldn't be screwed. No I am just shopping around at the moment.

this. that damn c clip. they next day air'ed the entire tranny case with diff and axle to and from their shop in cali. it prob cost and arm and a leg. i was impressed that they were willing to do that without me having to do much convincing/bitching. the guys at autotech are stand up guys

M factory is pretty great too. up until a few months ago, they had an insane deal on their gear type lsd

Well it seems like if something does happen and it is a faulty unit they will bend over backwards to fix it which is what I was trying to find out.

I had sent them an email with a few questions when i was shopping for an LSD and they took well over 2 weeks to respond. I didnt want to call because i was just sort of shopping around at that point and i hate paying long distance charges if i dont have to. When i did get a response it felt like they just skimmed over my email and only vaguely answered a few of the questions with info that is plastered all over their website.

I wasnt impressed with that so i wouldnt buy from them. The video they are so proud of with that BMW on a jack stand just didnt look very impressive to me. If the wave worked as well as they said it did i would expect a less violent engagement. In fact, I'd be suprised if a normal helical LSD with a little brake pressure didnt perform better than their product in their demonstration...

I really like MFactorys customer service. They answer your questions with great detail very quickly and show a genuine interest in your needs. That being said, i ended up not getting their product either. I was about a day away from placing my order when a brand new OEM LSD appeared for a wicked deal and i just couldnt pass it up. But I would definitly have gotten the MFactory if that didnt happen. In fact, if i ever manage to turn my ep3 into the real rally car that im dreaming of, i'll be ordering a plated LSD from them for sure.

lol At least they responded back.. It has been two weeks and still no response back from both Autotech and corsportusa. Maybe they didn't like the way I worded my question.. I would definitely go OEM if I wasn't going the turbo route :/.