PDA

View Full Version : I need moar headroom in my ep3!!

StockTexasEP3
10-19-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm around 6'3 and when I'm sitting up with good posture my head has to be kind of in the sunroof area :mtongue:

I really would like an extra 3 inches of headroom - that would be sweet. It's obvious that the EP3 stock seats sit super high off the floor of the car.

I've searched all over the interwebs and the results about what to do have been inconclusive. I believe I've read that the RSX leather seats sit lower, but by how much?? Also it seems that making the stock EP3 seats sit lower is very hard.. has anyone done this:mtongue:?? That is the ideal solution for me.

If I have to I will buy aftermarket seats but I'm cheap and I can't drop 500+ on a pair and they HAVE to be reclinable and ideally able to slide back and forth? What have you'z guys done? PLZ HALP:mwink:

whatsvtec
10-19-2011, 08:27 PM
It's hideous. But take out the headliner. I love how roomy my car is without headliner and pillar covers.

Understandable. Lol.

StockTexasEP3
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I really can't do that.. Ladies love carpet on the ceiling. But really I know there's some tall people that have lowered their seats. What did you people do godangit!!!!!!

Civic5lug
10-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Sparco seat and sparco rails drop it super low. I'm also 6'3 and have PLENTY of room

gtolio
10-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Sparco seat and sparco rails drop it super low. I'm also 6'3 and have PLENTY of room

This.

I have the Sparco Sprint 5s on Sparco (Wedge) bases and sliders and it sits really low. I'm 6'1 and I look like a little kid in there.

RotaryGreg
10-22-2011, 11:41 AM
stocktexasep3, im with you. Sort of. Im short and somehow i still have this headroom problem. I cant even wear a hat in my car because its constantly rubbing on the headliner and it drives me crazy

I've searched somewhat extensively about options for lowering the stock seats to no avail. It seems like everyone just puts aftermarket seats in. I absolutely dont want to do that though. I can just imagine the insurance fiasco if you get in a collision and you have unreported aftermarket seats in your car. But if i was able to lower the rails, they will never know the difference.

Unfortunately, last time i had the seat out (to replace the pretensioner) it looked like there was no room to shave any significant hight out of the stock rails.

Something i've been wondering (and am unable to get an answer about) is if the JDM passenger seat track (left side of the car) would be lower than our drivers side (left side of the car) and if they are swappable.
in the USDM car, the passenger seat is quite a bit lower than the drivers seat. Im not talking 5 inches or anything, but when you sit in it, you seem to have piles of headroom no matter how far forward you move the seat.

So would it stand to reason that the JDM passenger seat would sit lower? However, whos to say the hight difference is in the seat track? it could be the mounts on the floor that are lower on a JDM chassis. Also, im just assuming they are lower too, i have no way of knowing they are or arent.

ive sort of given up on this for now, but you might want to try and look into that. if its just a matter of getting the stock JDM seat rails and bolting them in to get an extra inch or two, that would be tits.

Twisted-X
10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Sadly, JDM (Recaro) seat tracks aren't swappable with the USDM seats. Our seats have the rails built in, whereas the Recaros don't.

I went with a Buddy Club seat+rails which I'm fairly happy with (though they're not recline-able, and a bitch to get in/out of). This gave me so much room that with the seat set as low as it will go my chin is barely visible above the bottom of the drivers side window (I'm 6'3").

RotaryGreg
10-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Sadly, JDM (Recaro) seat tracks aren't swappable with the USDM seats. Our seats have the rails built in, whereas the Recaros don't.

I went with a Buddy Club seat+rails which I'm fairly happy with (though they're not recline-able, and a bitch to get in/out of). This gave me so much room that with the seat set as low as it will go my chin is barely visible above the bottom of the drivers side window (I'm 6'3").

thats poopy. lol. So its aftermarket seats or shave my head. haha.

CJ89
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM

......im 5,9 you wouldent see me lmao thanks for letting me know not to get those haha

StockTexasEP3
10-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Anyone have RSX leathers? I've read those sit lower

Twisted-X
10-24-2011, 10:13 PM
......im 5,9 you wouldent see me lmao thanks for letting me know not to get those haha
The height and seat angle is adjustable by about 4-6 inches, so I'm sure you could find a combo that suits you. I was just giving an example of how much room I got with that setup.

allezjohn
11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm also 6'3" ish and looking for more headroom in my ep3. I found these:

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Seeker-RS-Low-Position-Drivers-Seat-Rail-lowers-by-30mm--SEEK-LSRSD-EP3/

and these:

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Feels-Low-Position-Drivers-Seat-Rail-lowers-by-40mm--HTC-LSD-EP3/

Which sound promising... but someone earlier said the JDM seats are different from the US seats... so maybe have to look at other options... Anyone know if these Feels or Seeker rails will work?

Twisted-X
11-01-2011, 08:30 PM
The seat rails and seat-bottom brackets are one piece, so they aren't remove-able unless you unclip the entire seat bottom fabric. Whatever you replace them with will also have to have appropriate clips to reattach the seat bottom. Hard to explain, so here's a related link:

EP3 to EM2 conversion (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1959183)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/LatinEM1/seatpan.jpg

StockTexasEP3
11-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Hmmm ep3 to em2 conversion has some good ideas. And th seat rails.. I'm skeptical they work aftr all the info I've read about how the seat rails are connected to the bottom of the seat... Confusion..