PDA

View Full Version : JR tensioner pulley question...

Boostin'EP3
10-22-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a quick question... one of the bearings on my tensioner pulley went bad which caused the pulley to break. I know I can order one from JR but I was seeing if anyone has purchased any others that aren't plastic like the JR one or just one that I could possible buy at a parts store (even if it is plastic) so that I could have my car up and running again before Tuesday? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Oh, I have the race kit for my 2002 EP3.

BlownSi05
10-24-2011, 07:22 AM
I replied to your PM about this. Hopefully the info helps!:mcool:

BlownSi05
10-31-2011, 04:45 AM
Sorry should have posted the answer here as well for any others to reference. You can use an RSX Idle pulley as a tensioner pulley on the EP JRSC setup. It is slightly larger diameter than the one that comes with the kit. This gives you a little more play room with the tensioner bolt, which in turn helps to eliminate belt slippage if you go down to the 3.8" pulley. As far as I have seen it is also a bit cheaper than what JR charges for a new tension pulley.

gtecd20
01-28-2012, 09:26 PM
So this is a better option then the jr tensioner the other day my belt slipped just from a second gear pull wonder if this would help stop it

BlownSi05
02-01-2012, 06:57 AM
It is the same manual tensioner, just using the RSX-S idler pulley instead of the one that comes with the JR Tensioner.