PDA

View Full Version : What should I sell my car for?

Popeye
10-23-2011, 06:05 PM
So, I have seen a couple of great deals lately. One is Showoff's uber clean ride. But, I dunno if I can make it that far, or even pay to have him deliver it. I have however found a local '04 Blue EP3, with body kit and Slipstreams, with 55k miles, for a KILLER deal.
What I am wondering is, how much should I sell MY Ep3 for? It's an '02, 151k miles, and since I bought it last November, I have replaced the front seal, exhaust cam, #1 and #2 cam seats and caps, timing chain tensioner, right front wheel bearing, both front ball joints, and 4 brand new tires. (Which I put on like 2 weeks ago.)
The only problems, other than normal wear and tear for a 151k car, is last year I was rearended, which made me hit the guy in front of me as well. I had a body shop look at it, and they said that it didnt cause anything other than the visual damage, which was s pot on the rear bumber that spidered the paint, then the front bumper chipped in 2 or 3 spots, then cracked on the top of the bumper, right underneath the grill. It also broke 2 of the tabs that hold them grill in. Nothing other than that, that I KNOW of.
What do ya'll think I can get for it? IF I can get enough, and the bank will let me borrow a little, I would like to get this new one. It just depends on what I get for mine...

Draw7Seven
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM
This borders on a feeler thread, you're best off checking Edmund's TMV and KBB to get an idea.

Just a warning if this gets locked or deleted.

junevtec
10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
u got current pics of it?

Popeye
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Sorry, Im not trying to do anything wrong...AGAIN. lol I just dont know what to ask for it. I see some cars around here, with 130k+ miles on it, for $9k. I know what I would LIKE to get, but would obviously LIKE to get more.
IF it's ok with the mods, then I can/will post some pics. I seriously wasnt trying to do anything wrong. Just trying to get the most I can. Hell, I wont even sell it on here if thats what it takes. Mainly need it to sell quick LOCALLY. And again, thats IF all other stuff falls into place.
But yeah, if a mod could let me know if this is ok. If not, I understand.

apexracing
10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
honestly any where from 5-6 is a good offer.

Popeye
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm not saying my car is the greatest....Im just going off of local prices. If people are selling them with mileage close to mine, for $9k around here, Im gonna see if I can get more.
The one I am looking at is an '04, with a clean body kit (not sure which one), SlipStreams (or knockoffs), and 55k miles, for $11k. If I cant get 3/4 of that paid for up front, then Im not gonna do it. I just cant afford it.
But yeah, KBB is saying $5100 for it as it is. I cant do a $5,000 loan right now. MAYBE $3,000....MAX. So, I would either need to talk them down a LOT, get my car sold for a good amount, or both. Hell, I dont NEED to sell my car, and I dont NEED this one. But hell, with 55k miles, and with what it has, I would like to at least try to make it happen, you know?

Draw7Seven
10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't expect to get over 8k for it, if that's what you mean. I think 5-7 is probably more likely.

Popeye
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I doubt I'd get $7k for it. Dont get me wrong, thats on the TOP end. I just would like that because obviously, the more I get, the more I can put towards the new one. I am HOPING for $7k.
But, I still have to talk to the bank to see if I can get the extra. Then I need to go check the new one out. THEN I need to sell mine before they sell theirs.
Im not expecting this to happen. But it would be damn nice if it did! As far as pics go, I cant see anythign wrong with this one. It doesnt even have an exhaust on it, and doesnt look lowered. Which to ME it means that it most likely hasnt been ragged on.

apexracing
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I mean accident and high miles gets me along with the motor being taken apart. I bought my 03 last year clean tittle clean car fax, 192,000 high way miles for 4300. thats clean body and interior and unmolested. People really underestimate how much modded cars can depreciate. why not just keep your car?

junevtec
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
keep your car slap a kit on it like u want to and be happy lol at least u own a ep3 dude these damn cars are hard to find nowadays

Popeye
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Dont get me wrong, theres NOTHING wrong with keeping my car. But with the amount of time I will be spending in my car for school, it would be nice to have a car with barely any miles on it. I am in school NOW, but once I start the nursing program, there's no telling where they will send me for clinicals. But yeah, if I dont sell mine and get this one, I wont be upset at all.
Whats wrong with being in the engine? Its better than what would have happened if I DIDNT do what I did!

apexracing
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Dont get me wrong, theres NOTHING wrong with keeping my car. But with the amount of time I will be spending in my car for school, it would be nice to have a car with barely any miles on it. I am in school NOW, but once I start the nursing program, there's no telling where they will send me for clinicals. But yeah, if I dont sell mine and get this one, I wont be upset at all.
Whats wrong with being in the engine? Its better than what would have happened if I DIDNT do what I did!

I just like turning my own bolts i guess. If you got a bunch of receipts from a garage then thats another thing.

Popeye
10-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Yup...all work Ive done to it so far has been by local shops. And I have receipts.

apexracing
10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Thats a bonus and save them, how come insurance didnt fix your bumpers?

Popeye
10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
lol...Actually, they sent me a check to do it, but I kept it because I figured I would be getting new bumpers/body kit one day anyways, so I just bought school stuff.

apexracing
10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
lol...Actually, they sent me a check to do it, but I kept it because I figured I would be getting new bumpers/body kit one day anyways, so I just bought school stuff.

lol i did that with my fa sedan, just paint damage on the bumper so i spent the money on the ep.

how about a side by side pics of your ep and the one you want?

junevtec
10-23-2011, 07:56 PM
yes a picture is worth a thousand words

Popeye
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I wanna wait until a mod see's this thread and ok's it. I cant sell it officially because I have to wait until I have 200 posts.
As far as the other one, from what I can see in the pics, it's CLEAN. Blue, body kit, Slip Streams (cant tell if they're 16's or 17's. Im bad at judging that when a car isnt lowered), tires looks good, and you can tell its been detailed. That may sound dumb, but when I was shopping for a car last year, you would be surprised at how many people dont clean their cars before they take pics.

junevtec
10-23-2011, 08:16 PM
i feel u people want to sell cars as is lol clean that shit make it sell itself lol

Popeye
10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Especially if you're a dealership, right? I guess Im crazy like that. I feel like if you cant even clean the water spots off of your car before you take pictures, then you dont take pride in the vehicles you are selling. Which makes me not willing to buy from someone.
Here's a link to the ad on AutoTrader for the new one...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=309074634&dealer_id=100003112&car_year=2005&systime=&doors=&model=CIVIC&search_lang=en&start_year=2002&body_style=HATCH&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=200&min_price=&rdm=1319416730821&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=86209&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2005&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=GREENVILLE-SPART-ASHEVILLE_ASH&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=4&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=28734&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&make=HONDA&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=109&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

I'm thinking those are 17's.

T_Virus
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I sold mine for $6000. Although I think I could have sold it for $7000. 2003 ssm ep3 with 140Kmiles. Lots of aftermarket parts on the car though.

SinisterCivicSi
11-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I wanna wait until a mod see's this thread and ok's it. I cant sell it officially because I have to wait until I have 200 posts.
As far as the other one, from what I can see in the pics, it's CLEAN. Blue, body kit, Slip Streams (cant tell if they're 16's or 17's. Im bad at judging that when a car isnt lowered), tires looks good, and you can tell its been detailed. That may sound dumb, but when I was shopping for a car last year, you would be surprised at how many people dont clean their cars before they take pics.

current Post count requirement is 100... your good. i would just put up a thread and a fair price with OBO and see what happens.