PDA

View Full Version : Been having the urge to go back in time...

Jukka
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Lately my ep has been pissing me off. I've had issues with my audio, EPS, tie rods, needing to replace my hood, not gettin my type-r lips fitted properly, and im starting to get some noticable wear on my drivers side cover. I'm also gettin sick of how expensive parts for the EP are. Anyways, ive been having the urge to kinda go back in time with my car history. When I was growing up, my absoulte favourite car was a 94-99 Toyota Celica, specificaly a GT4. I managed to own a 94 GTS and a 94 ST coupe in the past and loved it...but needed to move on because it was starting to rot out. Anyways, recently ive noticed a number of RHD GT4s come up for sale in my area for between $4500-8000 depending on the condition and trim level. I have recently been wanting to sell the EP and go back to a 6th gen Celica. I'm finishing up school in May and hopefully am going to be hired onto a police service by then, and I'm probably gonna pick a GT4 up either way. I donno if I wanna keep the EP3 as a DD and stop throwing money into it or I just wanna get rid of it sometime soon and get rid of it in total.

For those of you who don't know what a GT4 looks like/why i would wanna sell the ep3 for one...
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6087/6155600635_f273df14f0_b.jpg
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/latino_salv/cars20.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/RobAndrew/SSRR2.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/RobAndrew/SSRA2.jpg

Its a simpler car to work on, parts are stupidly cheap for it, AWD, 2L turbo, make around 230hp stock, but can be easily boosted to over 300whp with mayber $1500 in mods.

I donno, i just cant shake the feeling that I wanna get back to it. I love the ep, but im just gettin sick of constantly having to throw money at it to make it decent/not feel like its falling apart.

junevtec
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
that gt4 is sexay as shit my mans had a regular celica with the scion tc wheel

whatsvtec
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I say go for it if you think you'll be happier! I've always loved the GT4, and anything old w/AWD or 4WD

AKEP
10-24-2011, 04:00 AM
i just picked up one of these, not the gt or anything, just the base.

whatsvtec
10-24-2011, 04:20 AM
I picked up the ep because I felt it was a rally inspired FF car with lots of aftermarket option. I'm all for rally or any low(er) power car that still carries tons of function.

Are the cars you were looking at Imported from other countries? Or do they have a front clip welded on to the stock chassis? If they're legal imports w/paperwork I don't see why it could be that bad of an idea. Lets see em!

T_Virus
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
rather have a GT4 than a Ep3.

Civic5lug
10-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh Canada gets all the fun models! We get the shaft! IMO i never was a fan of the body style of those celica's.

I picked up the ep because I felt it was a rally inspired FF car with lots of aftermarket option. I'm all for rally or any low(er) power car that still carries tons of function.

Are the cars you were looking at Imported from other countries? Or do they have a front clip welded on to the stock chassis? If they're legal imports w/paperwork I don't see why it could be that bad of an idea. Lets see em!
:mrolleyes:
please.....elaborate

whatsvtec
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh Canada gets all the fun models! We get the shaft! IMO i never was a fan of the body style of those celica's.

:mrolleyes:
please.....elaborate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLMQ6lGxCe8&feature=related

USAF EP3
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Or you could go brap brap like I did....lulz :tehehyper:

I still kept the EP though.

Check out my "rally style" mudflaps if that's what you want your EP to look like:

apexracing
10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Or you could go brap brap like I did....lulz :tehehyper:

I still kept the EP though.

Check out my "rally style" mudflaps if that's what you want your EP to look like:

im sorry but those ruin your car.....

Jukka
10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
the one i would buy would be a legal import from most likely either the UK or Japan. In Canada, I could technicaly import a GT4 from a european country like france or germnay if i wanted to, but it would be way to expensive due to the rareity of them in mainland europe. So it would be RHD, legally imported and registered. If i did buy one, and i had it as a secondary car (if i keep the EP as a DD), i might do a LHD swap, all i would need would be a GTS/ST front clip and a spot weld removal tool. I have a few friends of mine who have gone the oposite way with their celicas and done RHD conversions. But it really doesnt matter to me. I can drive RHD cars no problem, a few friends of mine here have RHD Skylines, S13s, Celicas, civics, etc. Just takes a bit of gettin used to.

whatsvtec
10-25-2011, 07:32 AM
im sorry but those ruin your car.....

I disagree, for our weather, I think they can make a car. Winter beater? Huge mud flaps and snow tires, nothing more functional than that pair.

Back on topic.

the one i would buy would be a legal import from most likely either the UK or Japan. In Canada, I could technicaly import a GT4 from a european country like france or germnay if i wanted to, but it would be way to expensive due to the rareity of them in mainland europe. So it would be RHD, legally imported and registered. If i did buy one, and i had it as a secondary car (if i keep the EP as a DD), i might do a LHD swap, all i would need would be a GTS/ST front clip and a spot weld removal tool. I have a few friends of mine who have gone the oposite way with their celicas and done RHD conversions. But it really doesnt matter to me. I can drive RHD cars no problem, a few friends of mine here have RHD Skylines, S13s, Celicas, civics, etc. Just takes a bit of gettin used to.

Do it. I would :mangel:

firmk20
10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
why do we always get all the junk, that car is hotttt!